Variable @dests

  • Daniel Sobral
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
      I have been trying to create a filter for Ars Magica 5 which will
      print virtues and flaws of all characters, but ordered by the type of
      V/F. For example:

      Virtue, Major, General
      Character 1, Virtue 1
      Character 2, Virtue 2
      Character 2, Virtue 3

      Virtue, Minor, Supernatural
      Character 1, Virtue 4

      etc

      Now... I have tried calling @dest %vars% for each virtue (or flaw) a
      character has, where %vars% indicated what kind it was. Unfortunately,
      that results, somehow, in @dest simply not working as desired.

      I'm not sure how exactly I can get around this (aside from enumerating
      all possible categories and types, something I want to avoid).

      --
      Daniel C. Sobral
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
        The argument for the @dest family of filter commands must be a literal.
        I can't think of a way to sort these across multiple character sheets.

        Daniel Sobral wrote:
        > I have been trying to create a filter for Ars Magica 5 which will
        > print virtues and flaws of all characters, but ordered by the type of
        > V/F. For example:
        >
        > Virtue, Major, General
        > Character 1, Virtue 1
        > Character 2, Virtue 2
        > Character 2, Virtue 3

      • Tim Martin
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 15, 2006

          I’m sure this has been asked and answered, but I can’t seem to find any reference to it.  Is there any way to get an HTML output that looks as sharp as the printed character sheets?

          Thanks

          Tim

        • Daniel Sobral
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 15, 2006
            You mean as opposed to the horrible ArsMagicaHTML.flt? The answer is yes, there is a way. I just don't know anyone who has actually done it. :-)

            You can just edit it. Someone who's good writing HTML could probably hack it relatively easy. I suck at diagramation and I haven't touched an HTML in a long time. I do a lot of stuff based on ArM5 filters and print templates, but HTML is just not in me. I wouldn't be too hard, just a bit time-consuming until you get the hang of it. In fact, if someone where to write the HTML and just leave the blanks for me to fill, I could do the rest very quickly.

            You could try printing to PDF (there are some cheap and free solutions to printing to PDF files out there -- just google for it), and stuck that in the HTML page. It ain't HTML, but it looks and it's not *too* bad on browsers.