Sleeth Friend Requirements Question

  • Bjørn Arnesen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2006
      I have a feeling I'll need a script for these requirements.

      The World Tree disadvantage "Sleeth Friend" requires the character to
      select a friend. Characters selected must be Player Characters,
      regardless of the selecting character's species. Additionally, if the
      taking character is Sleeth, the friend must be any species but Sleeth,
      and if the taker is non-Sleeth, the friend must be a Sleeth.

      I do have a Player Character template among my templates, so I'm
      looking for a dialogue that asks the user to select a friend. The
      friend choices will be initially limited to "WorldTree_PC.cst".
      According to the Species of the selecting friend, it would then either
      limit it to characters whose species is or is not Sleeth. Once that
      was accomplished, it would allow the user to select from what remains
      of the list.

      Is there a similar script in any of the templates?

      Thanks.

      Bjørn Arnesen
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2006
        The Ars Magica template allows you to choose a covenant (which is a .chr
        file), and teachers who instruct you in spells or perform other
        training. Take a look at those scripts to see how the file is selected
        (the getfilename script command), and how to get information out of a
        character sheet (the getFileValue function).

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2006
          Thank you, Bruce.

          I just realized after I wrote my original message that my filename
          would only get the PC template. LOL. Now that you have given me a
          preview of how such a script would work, I'm probably going to go to a
          single character template, with checkbox fields (or radio buttons if
          the program has them) for character type. The "templates" I was
          planning on turn out to really be guidelines when it comes to NPCs and
          Monsters.

          Bjørn