Re: fan system support!

  • jimgettman
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 8, 2005
      Hi there; I use and greatly appreciate the Metacreator release for
      Champions V5. I found the link on the Alter Ego website. I also own
      the counterpart software from Hero Games but do not like it. IMHO, the
      fan who wrote CV5 for Metacreator did a better job with the rules than
      the game proprietors. (I wish I could recall his name, he sure has my
      gratitude.) To be fair, I have some problems with the print templates,
      but they are not so bad that I am motivated to learn how to fix them.
      I get my printable character sheets by saving to RTF, the retyping the
      characteristic values and costs, the movements, and multipowers. Any
      news related to CV5 updates would be greatly appreciated. - Jim Gettman

      --- In cw@yahoogroups.com, CJ <cj@f...> wrote:

      > Hi chaps,
      >
      > I own Metacreator for Ars Magica and Cthulhu, and D20/SRD, but I
      > wondered if any other systems had been devekloped or covered by fans
      > I'd be very interested for exaple in GURPS, Runequest 2 or 3, etc
      >
      > cj x
    • Christopher Mullins
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 8, 2005
        You wouldn't happen to be talking about me, would you?

        - Christopher Mullins

        --- In cw@yahoogroups.com, "jimgettman" <jimgettman@a...> wrote:

        > Hi there; I use and greatly appreciate the Metacreator release for
        > Champions V5. I found the link on the Alter Ego website. I also own
        > the counterpart software from Hero Games but do not like it. IMHO, the
        > fan who wrote CV5 for Metacreator did a better job with the rules than
        > the game proprietors. (I wish I could recall his name, he sure has my
        > gratitude.) To be fair, I have some problems with the print templates,
        > but they are not so bad that I am motivated to learn how to fix them.
        > I get my printable character sheets by saving to RTF, the retyping the
        > characteristic values and costs, the movements, and multipowers. Any
        > news related to CV5 updates would be greatly appreciated. - Jim Gettman
        >
        > --- In cw@yahoogroups.com, CJ <cj@f...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi chaps,
        > >
        > > I own Metacreator for Ars Magica and Cthulhu, and D20/SRD, but I
        > > wondered if any other systems had been devekloped or covered by fans
        > > I'd be very interested for exaple in GURPS, Runequest 2 or 3, etc
        > >
        > > cj x

      • Daniel Sobral
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 8, 2005
          I have now played some with Metacreator, but I'm still way too far from being able to create a system from the ground up. And I have to tell you, the print templates are the *easiest* thing to change in the whole thing.

          I suggest you give it a try.

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/7tRolB/TM

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          --
          Daniel C. Sobral
        • Christopher Mullins
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 8, 2005
            Depends on whether he's comfortable with Scripting/Macro language,
            since I use quite a bit in the Hero 5th Edition Template. But I'm
            still not sure if he's talking about mine or not.

            - Christopher Mullins

            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 9, 2005
              I believe you're referring to Chris Mullins' template.

              If you need help modifying the print template, feel free to ask. Make a
              copy of it and try experimenting. Drop a note here with your questions
              and we'll see how we can help you.

              jimgettman wrote:

              >Hi there; I use and greatly appreciate the Metacreator release for
              >Champions V5. I found the link on the Alter Ego website. I also own
              >the counterpart software from Hero Games but do not like it. IMHO, the
              >fan who wrote CV5 for Metacreator did a better job with the rules than
              >the game proprietors. (I wish I could recall his name, he sure has my
              >gratitude.) To be fair, I have some problems with the print templates,
              >but they are not so bad that I am motivated to learn how to fix them.
              >I get my printable character sheets by saving to RTF, the retyping the
              >characteristic values and costs, the movements, and multipowers. Any
              >news related to CV5 updates would be greatly appreciated. - Jim Gettman

            • Robert Wiersma
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 9, 2005
                I was wondering if there are templates available for GURPS Traveller
                that are compatible with the most recent version of GURPS Character
                Builder as available for Download from Steve Jackson's e23 website? I am
                most interested for templates from the basic GURPS Traveller, First in
                and Ground Forces. Thanks!

                Robert M. Wiersma, M.Ed., NCC
                Director of Personal Counseling
                Community Outreach Program Advisor
                Society of Gamers Advisor
                Dordt College

                Office: 712.722.6070
                FAX: 712.722.6416

                "I recommend that the Statue of Liberty on the East Coast be
                supplemented by a Statue of Responsibility on the West Coast"
                Logotherapist and Holocaust Survivor, Viktor E. Frankl
              • reimer_andy
                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 9, 2005
                  I've been thinking about setting up some templates specific to Spycraft (AEG) and Conan
                  (Mongoose Publishing). Has anyone set up anything for these games, or is there any interest
                  from other people on the list if I start these?
                • Michael Sprague
                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 10, 2005
                    I would love to see the templates for Spycraft ... and more
                    specifically, for Shadowforce Archer.

                    ~ Mike

                    --- reimer_andy <andy@...> wrote:

                    > I've been thinking about setting up some templates specific to
                    > Spycraft (AEG) and Conan
                    > (Mongoose Publishing). Has anyone set up anything for these
                    > games, or is there any interest
                    > from other people on the list if I start these?

                    > --------------------~-->
                    > Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo!
                    > your home page
                    > http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/7tRolB/TM

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Bjørn Arnesen
                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 6, 2006
                      I recently got my copy of the Mongoose edition of RuneQuest. Although
                      produced under *an* OGL, it states that *none* of the content is Open.

                      Bjorn