Re: [cw] Metacreator 3.8.2 Released

  • Michael P Hopcroft
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 12, 2005
      Bruce Kvam wrote:

      > Version 3.8.2 of /*Metacreator*/ has been released. New game systems
      > supported include /*Ars Magica Fifth Edition*/ and /*The Unisystem*/
      > (which includes data for /*All Flesh Must Be Eaten, CJ Carella's
      > WitchCraft*/ and /*Armageddon*/).
      >
      > Go to the Store section at http://www.alteregosoftware.com/ to place
      > your order for these new products.
      >
      > Current owners of the Fourth Edition of /*Ars Magica*/ can update to
      > the fifth edition at no charge. Go to the Updates section
      > http://www.alteregosoftware.com/ and follow the instructions for
      > downloading the update.

      I imagine there are legal reasons why the Unisystem licensed RPGs
      (Buffy, Angel, the upcomign City of Heroes) are not coeverd in the data
      sets. How great is the probably difficulty (once someone gets their
      hands on the data) of doing adaptations?

      Michael Hopcroft
    • Peggy Kvam
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 12, 2005
        We haven't negotiated a license for the named games yet, due to the complexities of multi-party licensing.  Since I haven't seen those books, I can't tell you how difficult adapting them will be. If you have any specific questions, we'll be happy to answer them.

        We do have some more Unisystem material to work on, that is covered by our license. Stay tuned.

        Peggy Kvam

        Michael P Hopcroft wrote:
        Bruce Kvam wrote:

        Version 3.8.2 of /*Metacreator*/ has been released. New game systems
        supported include /*Ars Magica Fifth Edition*/ and /*The Unisystem*/
        (which includes data for /*All Flesh Must Be Eaten, CJ Carella's
        WitchCraft*/ and /*Armageddon*/).

        Go to the Store section at http://www.alteregosoftware.com/ to place
        your order for these new products.

        Current owners of the Fourth Edition of /*Ars Magica*/ can update to
        the fifth edition at no charge. Go to the Updates section
        http://www.alteregosoftware.com/ and follow the instructions for
        downloading the update.

        I imagine there are legal reasons why the Unisystem licensed RPGs
        (Buffy, Angel, the upcomign City of Heroes) are not coeverd in the data
        sets. How great is the probably difficulty (once someone gets their
        hands on the data) of doing adaptations?

        Michael Hopcroft

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/7tRolB/TM

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • John Buczek
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 16, 2005
          Does the Unisystem Template include any of the supplements for the
          Core books listed? I understand the licensed books are another issue.
          While those would be cool I am not a big fan of Cinematic Unisystem. I
          am more interested in the updated from the WitchCraft and AFMBE
          supplements. If they are not included are they being considered? Thanks.
        • Peggy Kvam
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 16, 2005
            We don't include any of the supplements yet. We are licensed for Terra
            Primate and Mystery Codex, but weren't able to get them into the initial
            release due to lack of time. (We wanted it out for GenCon.) So those
            will come later.

            We aren't licensed to support any of the cinematic Unisystem books.

            If there are specific supplements that you are interested in, please let
            me know what they are. I can inquire with Eden Studios on a license for
            them.

            Peggy Kvam
            Alter Ego Software

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 17, 2005
              --- In cw@yahoogroups.com, Peggy Kvam <pkvam@v...> wrote:
              > We don't include any of the supplements yet. We are licensed for Terra
              > Primate and Mystery Codex, but weren't able to get them into the
              initial
              > release due to lack of time. (We wanted it out for GenCon.) So those
              > will come later.
              >
              > We aren't licensed to support any of the cinematic Unisystem books.
              >
              > If there are specific supplements that you are interested in, please
              let
              > me know what they are. I can inquire with Eden Studios on a license for
              > them.

              I will have to get my books to be sure but I think that all the
              WitchCraft books have some character options in them (the Covenant
              books least of all). I wouldn't have thought Eden would make them all
              seperate licenses. I don't expect any one supplement to have so many
              new character options to warrant us having to buy a new udpate.

              I don't play AFMBE as much but One of the Living seems like a good one
              to include, and personally I would like to see Dungeons and Zombies.

              John
            • ts_hamby
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 24, 2005
                I would be interested in seeing The Book of Hod and Abomination Codex
                template done...bring on the Feral, Atlantean Arcana and even the
                Archangel Dumah. ;)