Possible bug w/ 3.5?

  • Brennan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2005
      Hi all,

      Okay, so really excited, I got all my characters rebuilt for my group
      over on MC. Everything looked great. Sat down, started to play.
      Someone noticed their AC wasn't right. A little bit of looking into
      it, and we found the auto-calculated weight limits had imposed a dex
      mod. Okay, there's part of the problem. But the AC was still two
      off. It appears that several items (Amulet of Natural Armor, Bracers
      of Defense -- possibly others) aren't being calculated into the AC of
      the character. Is there some way I can fix this??

      Thanks!!
      Brennan
    • Michael Sprague
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2005
        Are the magic items listed as being worn? They are not
        calculated in unless they are.

        ~ Mike

        --- Brennan <veilheim@...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > Okay, so really excited, I got all my characters rebuilt for my
        > group
        > over on MC. Everything looked great. Sat down, started to
        > play.
        > Someone noticed their AC wasn't right. A little bit of looking
        > into
        > it, and we found the auto-calculated weight limits had imposed
        > a dex
        > mod. Okay, there's part of the problem. But the AC was still
        > two
        > off. It appears that several items (Amulet of Natural Armor,
        > Bracers
        > of Defense -- possibly others) aren't being calculated into the
        > AC of
        > the character. Is there some way I can fix this??
        >
        > Thanks!!
        > Brennan

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Peggy Kvam
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2005
          Did you check that the location is "worn"? If your character owns a
          magic item but isn't wearing it, the bonus will not be applied.

          If you exceed the limits, such as wearing too many jewelry items or
          bracers, Metacreator will not mark the extra ones as worn. You have to
          manually change the locations to get what you want.

          Peggy Kvam
          Alter Ego Software

          Brennan wrote:

          >Hi all,
          >
          >Okay, so really excited, I got all my characters rebuilt for my group
          >over on MC. Everything looked great. Sat down, started to play.
          >Someone noticed their AC wasn't right. A little bit of looking into
          >it, and we found the auto-calculated weight limits had imposed a dex
          >mod. Okay, there's part of the problem. But the AC was still two
          >off. It appears that several items (Amulet of Natural Armor, Bracers
          >of Defense -- possibly others) aren't being calculated into the AC of
          >the character. Is there some way I can fix this??
          >
          >Thanks!!
          >Brennan

        • Peggy Kvam
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2005
            Another thing that might be happening is stacking rules. They are complex. All the stacking rules are built into Metacreator, but your old hand-made characters may have missed some.

            If you'd like to email your character to me, I'll try to identify the problem.

            Peggy Kvam
            Alter Ego Software

            Brennan wrote:

            Hi all,

            Okay, so really excited, I got all my characters rebuilt for my group
            over on MC.  Everything looked great.  Sat down, started to play.
            Someone noticed their AC wasn't right.  A little bit of looking into
            it, and we found the auto-calculated weight limits had imposed a dex
            mod.  Okay, there's part of the problem.  But the AC was still two
            off.  It appears that several items (Amulet of Natural Armor, Bracers
            of Defense -- possibly others) aren't being calculated into the AC of
            the character.  Is there some way I can fix this??

            Thanks!!
            Brennan

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Brennan
            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2005
              Hi Peggy,

              How do I determine if an item is being worn or not?

              Thanks!
              Brennan

              --- In cw@yahoogroups.com, Peggy Kvam <pkvam@v...> wrote:
              > Did you check that the location is "worn"? If your character owns
              > magic item but isn't wearing it, the bonus will not be applied.
              >
              > If you exceed the limits, such as wearing too many jewelry items
              or
              > bracers, Metacreator will not mark the extra ones as worn. You
              have to
              > manually change the locations to get what you want.
              >
              > Peggy Kvam
              > Alter Ego Software
              >
              > Brennan wrote:
              >
              > >Hi all,
              > >
              > >Okay, so really excited, I got all my characters rebuilt for my
              group
              > >over on MC. Everything looked great. Sat down, started to
              play.
              > >Someone noticed their AC wasn't right. A little bit of looking
              into
              > >it, and we found the auto-calculated weight limits had imposed a
              dex
              > >mod. Okay, there's part of the problem. But the AC was still
              two
              > >off. It appears that several items (Amulet of Natural Armor,
              Bracers
              > >of Defense -- possibly others) aren't being calculated into the
              AC of
              > >the character. Is there some way I can fix this??
              > >
              > >Thanks!!
              > >Brennan

            • Brennan
              Message 6 of 6 , May 1, 2005
                Nevermind... Found it, and that was the problem. Thanks!
                Brennan