Re: L5R Skill Format Problem

  • Michael Lusby
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30 4:24 PM
      Bruce,

      It's me again, ignore my earlier message you are
      indeed a genius. I was inspired to try and figure this
      all out so I got creative: I re-installed Metacreator
      2.2.1 in a fresh directory and then installed the
      GURPS and Cthulhu 1.9.5 into there followed by the
      L5R 1.8.11. Then ran updates on Cthulhu and L5R to
      2.0.9. Then downloaded the nifty new updater form
      AlterEgo website and updated Cthulhu and Meta to
      latest version 3.7.1. Now I edited the L5R file like
      you suggested and blammo it all works! I copied the
      files I needed from the old Creator folder for HERO
      and Fuzion and everything looks like it now works.

      So many thanks.

      Michael

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:37:36 -0500
      > From: Bruce Kvam <bkvam@...>
      > Subject: Re: L5R Skill Format Problem
      >
      > There is a bug in that version of the L5R template.
      > To fix it:
      >
      > * Edit the L5R.inc file with Metacreator.
      > * Search for the skill macro (look for the text
      > pattern "skill(").
      > It should be somewhere near line 140. (Use the
      > CTRL+G command to
      > go to a specific line.)
      > * Change the format line from something like:
      >
      > format "%0ln (^x|`Trait`?concat(itemInfo('`Trait`',
      > ', ')):''|^o'Roll')%-12rc%-7rv"
      >

      > to:
      >
      > format "%0ln
      > (^x|optValue('Trait')?concat(optValue('Trait'), ',
      > '):''|^o'Roll')%-12rc%-7rv"
      >
      > Copy the above line from this email and paste it
      > into the L5R.inc file.
      >
      > * Save the L5R.inc file.
      >

      > [This message contained attachments]

      The difference between literature and journalism is that journalism is unreadable and literature is not read.
      Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2005
        Glad to hear that everything is working.