RE: [cw] Oh, well.

  • Fesarius
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2005
      I have a valid copy (I bought it before purchasing Metacreator). The
      documentation, except for some GURPS specific customization, is essentially
      the same.

      One must ask what benefit accrues to Alterego Software from providing the
      kind of file specification Matthew Greet wants. I don't see a clear
      benefit, which means it's not terribly likely to happen.

      Interoperability is a wonderful thing, but if neither software provider
      stands to benefit, then it can only happen if some dedicated individual is
      prepared to endure the pain of reverse engineering.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 10, 2005
        Fesarius wrote:
        > I have a valid copy (I bought it before purchasing Metacreator). The
        > documentation, except for some GURPS specific customization, is essentially
        > the same.
        >
        > One must ask what benefit accrues to Alterego Software from providing the
        > kind of file specification Matthew Greet wants. I don't see a clear
        > benefit, which means it's not terribly likely to happen.
        >
        > Interoperability is a wonderful thing, but if neither software provider
        > stands to benefit, then it can only happen if some dedicated individual is
        > prepared to endure the pain of reverse engineering.

        Another thing the original poster will need to check is to see
        if the EULA's forbid reverse engineering. Many do, these days.