RE: [cw] Question on 3.5 Races

  • Michael Sprague
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2004
      Hmmm, not sure what is going on then. I took a look at my
      character and neither are is special abilities directly.

      If I double click on Racial Bonuses, up pops a window without
      Darkvision, but does include a +1 bonus with thrown weapons. No
      sign of anything sling related. I'll have to work through the
      numbers to see if there is any extra bonus for the sling.

      Just tried creating a Deep Halfling from scratch, and still no
      Darkvision.

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2004
        Sheesh. Let me try that again ... I was in too much of a hurry I
        guess.

        ~ Mike

        - - - - -
        Hmmm, not sure what is going on then. I took a look at my
        (MetaCreater) character and neither of these (Darkvision or
        Sling/Thrown object bonus) are listed in the special abilities
        directly.

        If I double click on Racial Bonuses, up pops a window listing a
        +1 bonus for thrown weapons, but no Darkvision or anything about
        a sling. I'll have to work through the numbers for this
        character to see if there are any racial bonus for the sling.

        I also just tried creating a Deep Halfling from scratch, and
        still no Darkvision.

        - - - - -

        http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 1, 2004
            Another thought.

            Are you using the 3.5.x release or 3.6.0? I think this was fixed in 3.6.0.

            If so you should update to the latest release, available on the website.

            Bruce

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 1, 2004
              Bruce,

              I'm using 3.6.0. I thought I would just create a quick character
              to send you when I figured out what my probem was.

              My error: I was simply selecting Halfling in the "Choose Race"
              Dialog, and then selecting Deep Halfling when the "Physical
              Characteristics" dialog came up.

              This time when the "Choose Race" dialog came up, I checked out
              "Show Races:" and found "Subraces." When I selected Deep
              Halfling there (earlier in the creation process), everything
              worked as expected.

              So ... now I know how to properly select a subrace.

              Question: Why does the "Physical Characteristics" dialog allow
              you to choose a subrace? Is it for gamers who don't play subrace
              abilities, but allow the player to at least physically pick one?

              Anyway, thanks all for the help!! Sometime just knowing
              something _does_ work is all it takes to discover the spark of
              your own error. :-)

              ~ Mike

              Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
              www.yahoo.com