Re: [cw] Another Query - About Coding Feats?

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2004
      ryhopewood wrote:

      >Is it possible to put an instruction into a feat that will not only
      >make it a class skill but will ensure that it is automatically
      >displayed in the skills window during character generation?

      Yes, you can create a feat that adds a skill as a class skill, and then
      makes sure that skill is in the skills list. You need to have a bonus
      that indicates that the skill is a class skill (see the help for how
      that works), and then you need to have an automatic item directives that
      add the skill to the list. The following does this:

      $$feat(Intense, General, , "classSkills+addClassSkills(1, $adding$,
      \"Concentration\")", , , , , , ,
      "?disallowdup;?list:Skills;?cat:Skills;Concentration")

      Copy and paste the above macro invocation into your data sheet and
      modify as necessary.

      >In addition, is it possible to add ranks to a skill through an
      >instruction for a feat as opposed to just a bonus?

      The problem with doing this is that it can't be undone. There's no
      mechanism that would let you remove those added ranks if you decided to
      delete the feat. Once it was added, the ranks would have to be removed
      manually. I haven't seen anything but bonuses added in all the standard
      3.5 material.

      To do it you would specify a level equal to the current value of the
      skill when you add the skill in the automatic item list. But I don't
      recommend this because of the deletion problem.