Re: Question: Custom Spellbook List

  • barabel2003
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2004
      Bruce,

      I've been playing around with the SingleLineSpells print template
      since it is really close to what I want. The problem I'm having is
      that this template by default displays all the spells information.

      I've been playing around with creating new columns for each individual
      item but they don't seem to be showing the correct information.

      I can get the data to correctly appear for each element except for the
      Casting Time. It isn't displaying correct for any of the spells.

      The basic formula I'm using is:

      @foreach(Spells)
      %@Name%
      @endforeach

      When I use
      @foreach(Spells)
      %@CT%
      @endforeach

      It's just a mess.

      Any ideas on what I'm missing here?

      Thanks Bruce.

      Barabel (Rob)

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2004
        barabel2003 wrote:
        When I use
        @foreach(Spells)
        %@CT%
        @endforeach
        All this will do is print out the list of casting times, with no names or anything, like the following:
        1 standard action
        1 standard action
        1 standard action
        1 standard action
        1 hour
        1 standard action
        1 standard action
        1 standard action
        Is that what you mean by "all messed up?"

        I suggest that you make copies of the SingleLineSpells.inc and other files with new names, change the "include" file name to your new name in the SingleLineSpells.prt and SingleLineSpells.flt files, and then tweak SingleLineSpells.inc to do what you want.

        The printSpell subroutine is where you should make your changes.
      • barabel2003
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2, 2004
          Bruce,

          The spellbook I have setup actually breaks each component down into
          seperate columns.

          After doing some more digging, what I'm seeing is that for some
          reason the casting time is printing a blank line between records.

          So instead of

          1 Standard Action
          1 Standard Action
          1 Round
          1 Standard Action

          I get

          1 Standard Action

          1 Standard Action

          1 Round

          1 Standard Action

          None of the other elements displays like this. They are working
          just fine.

          If you want it would probably be easier if I sent you the file I
          built so you can see what I mean.

          Let me know if you think this is necessary.

          Thanks,

          Barabel (Rob)
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 3, 2004
            I looked at the filter and found that there was a tab after the text
            output by %@CT%, which caused a blank line to be printed because the
            next tab stop was on the next line. Putting a tab stop in the text
            object causes the text to be ellided if it's too long and stay on a
            single line.

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 3, 2004
              Bruce,

              Thanks, I'm not sure how I missed that. I took your advice and
              re-built the page using the tab stops and that is indeed easier to
              work with.

              Do you know how I might be able to insert the Spell Level information
              (Level 0 Spells: 4 per day (DC 20))

              provided with the SingleLineSpells print template?

              I've tried using the same basic logic from this template but it
              doesn't seem to be working.

              Thanks much,

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 4, 2004
                I would suggest starting with the code from the SingleLineSpells.inc,
                and then modify that a little at a time until you get what you want.