Linking Magic Items

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2004
      I want to create a pair of magic gauntlets. Each one is an
      individual item with unique abilities. One has plusses to saving
      throws and the other has bonuses to STR checks etc. I would like to
      add extra abilities to the weilder if he has both gauntlets like a
      AC bonus and force shield ability. I am not sure how to go about it.
    • Alter Ego Support
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2004
        I would suggest making a single item that has adjustment options that the
        user can check off to indicate which things should apply. If you give me the
        exact values I could show you how to set that up.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2004
          Thanks!
          If the offhand gauntlet is worn the wielder gets
          + 2 Saving Throw Bonus
          Force Shield (as the Ring of Force shield)

          If the handed gauntlet is worn the wielder gets
          +2 STR
          The gauntlet is treated as natural weaponry with an attack similar
          to bear claws.

          If both are worn, the wielder gets all of the above and an armor
          class bonus of +3

          I hope this is possible. Would I have to add it to the weapons list
          to get the bear claw damage to print in the weapons section of the
          character sheet?

          Message 4 of 4 , May 4, 2004
            The attached file does this. It's for release 3.3.1. The 3.5.0 release,
            coming soon, would work better with this because it handles stacking of AC
            bonuses better.

            Save this in your Metacreator directory and then use File | Load Data
            Sheet... to load it. The item is in the Magic Items folder of Equipment.
            Make sure the item location is Worn, then check the check boxes on the
            Off-hand Gauntlet and On-hand Gauntlet to indicate which ones are worn.

            Adjust the damage, price and other values as required.