Random Magic Styles

  • shogei2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1 4:41 PM
      I am working on a random magician creator for a Fantasy Heroes game.
      What this conversion script should do is to assign a random magic
      style to the magician. If the user has chosen to create a powerful
      magician, then additional magic styles can be assigned.

      If the randomizer assigns the same style twice, then I want the level
      of that style to be increased instead. I just don't know how to
      increase the level of an exising skill. Please help.
      Thanks,
      Tracy

      magictype = qindex(rand(6), "Black Magic", "Illic
      Magic", "Necromantic",
      "Old Magic","Rumallan Magic","Shamanism");
      add Skills.$$magictype = magicskill;

      # Select additional magic styles at random.

      i = 0;
      maxPower = (level1/2);
      while (i < maxPower)
      # magictype = "$+randselect(Skills.Magic Styles)";
      magictype = qindex(rand(6), "Black Magic", "Illic
      Magic", "Necromantic",
      "Old Magic","Rumallan Magic","Shamanism");

      i = i + 1;
      level = rand(5) + 10;
      if (!$+inlist(Skills, $$magictype))
      if (level > magicskill)