Re: Limited Power Advantage

  • Reindert Groth
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2001
      --- In cw@y..., "Daniel" <drake01@h...> wrote:
      > Ego Attack to 5d6, click new, go to advantages and look for
      Reduced End,
      > take it down to 0. the repeat but go to Limitations and choose
      focus, or
      > there should be an OAF there right on the list

      Well, yes, but only the 0 END has the Focus Limitation, not the EGO
      Attack. Basically, it's a normal 5d6 Ego Attack. With the OAF focus,
      however, it costs no END. I know how to do the math on this, but I
      don't know how to enter in into HC.
    • Michael Hopcroft
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 8, 2001
        Let's see if I understand this. You can make your 5d6 Ego Attack anytime, but unless you have the focus on your person you have to pay END for it?

        Someone who knwos Hero better than I do will have to tell me whether that's legal.
        > Ego Attack to 5d6,  click new, go to advantages and look for
        Reduced End,
        > take it down to 0. the repeat but go to Limitations and choose
        focus, or
        > there should be an OAF there right on the list

        Well, yes, but only the 0 END has the Focus Limitation, not the EGO
        Attack. Basically, it's a normal 5d6 Ego Attack. With the OAF focus,
        however, it costs no END. I know how to do the math on this, but I
        don't know how to enter in into HC.

      • Derek Hiemforth
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 8, 2001
          At 01:44 AM 11/8/2001 -0800, Michael Hopcroft wrote:
          >Let's see if I understand this. You can make your 5d6 Ego Attack anytime, but unless you have the focus on your person you have to pay END for it?
          >
          >Someone who knwos Hero better than I do will have to tell me whether that's legal.

          Yes, it's legal. How to do it is explained step-by-step in the help
          file, but it's in kind of a non-intuitive place, so you may not have
          found it. Bring up the game system-specific help while working on a Hero
          character, and search the index for Partially Limited Powers. The
          explanation of how to do Limited Advantages is with the Partially Limited
          Powers explanation.

          - Derek
        • Reindert Groth
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 8, 2001
            --- In cw@y..., Derek Hiemforth <derek@r...> wrote:
            > At 01:44 AM 11/8/2001 -0800, Michael Hopcroft wrote:
            > >Let's see if I understand this. You can make your 5d6 Ego Attack
            anytime, but unless you have the focus on your person you have to pay
            END for it?

            > >Someone who knwos Hero better than I do will have to tell me
            whether that's legal.

            > Yes, it's legal. How to do it is explained step-by-step in the
            help
            > file, but it's in kind of a non-intuitive place, so you may not have
            > found it. Bring up the game system-specific help while working on
            a Hero
            > character, and search the index for Partially Limited Powers. The
            > explanation of how to do Limited Advantages is with the Partially
            Limited
            > Powers explanation.
            >
            > - Derek

            Wow! Thanks! That's the first time the help file actually told me
            something useful! Maybe I should just read the help file from front
            to back as an instruction manuel....
          • Alter Ego Support
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 8, 2001
              Metacreator includes a PDF file that can be printed out (or simply browsed
              with Acrobat). It contains the entire help file contents.