How to Set CW correctly with .chr files

  • Cybermessiah
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2001
      I want to double click and load these .chr (and convert .cha ) files
      on a single click, currently my registry settings don't let this
      happen, Can i please get told how to fix this in Windows 2k?
      same with .prt and .cds

      "Oh Baracus, who was in 'Nam, Mr. T be thy name.
      Thy van will come with Face and Hannibal,
      on Earth as it is on TV-Land.
      Give us this day, our daily milk,
      and pity us fools, as we pity the fools
      who cross us. Lead us not into airplanes,
      and deliver us from Murdock.
      For thine is the Mohawk and the Van,
      and the Gold Chains, forever,
      or at least until the mid-80's

      Amen"
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2001
        Reinstall the application with a user logon that has full access rights to
        the system. It will set things up to allow you to double-click .chr files in
        the Explorer for that logon. If you want to set it up for other users,
        install under those logons as well.

        You can also look at the registry with regedit to see what's there (under
        HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT). Look under .chr and chrfile once you've reinstalled.