Re: (OT) Limited Advantages in Champions

  • mistwing@erols.com
    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 1, 2000
      >>The problem with this is that the Portal is a power in its own
      >>right. Specifically, I can teleport through it. In effect, I'm
      >>teleporting the Entangle.
      >
      > But is the Teleport a constant Power? Alternately, are you
      > required to be Teleporting (yourself, or something else via UAO) in
      > order to have the Advantages on the Entangle?

      I am not REQUIRED to teleport anyone. However, the ability is
      there. Anyone on my side of the portal can walk through it while I'm
      firing my Entangle (and take a risk of getting hit by it). If I can
      shoot through it, a person can walk through it (think of it as a hole
      in space)

      > If not, then opening the Portal is just a Special Effect (which,
      > possibly, could be simulated by putting Increased Endurance Cost on
      > the Advantages in question, along with any other Limitations that
      > are on the Teleport but not the rest of the Entangle).

      Since the portal must be active, the entangle has the 'Linked'
      limitation on the appropriate advantages.

      > (Then again, this isn't really the place to be arguing Hero System
      > mechanics....) ;-]

      True. We seem to have gotten away from the original question, which
      you already answered.

      MistWing SilverTail
    • Chip Dunning
      Message 34 of 34 , Dec 17, 2000
        > >>I was unaware the the 'Usable by others' advantage could be used on
        > >>powers.
        > >
        > > It can't. Except for Adjustment Powers and certain other special
        > > circumstances, Powers cannot affect other Powers.
        >
        > Oh well... there goes that idea

        Well, there is always the "GM" option, since GM allowances always override
        the rules as written. So, there is always a way to work out something -
        sometimes it just takes a crowbar. ^_^

        Chip
        -----
        Programming: It's not just a job; it's an indenture