RE: [cvsgui] Conflict

  • Rafael Sanz
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
      The problem is that cvs try to update a file and find "in the way" other file than think was not downloaded from cvs.

      Perhaps:
          - was your local copy
          - or de CVS folder was delete/alterated and cvs don´t reconognize the files.
          - was local files to each user and some one include the files into cvs.

      The solution is very easy, delete (or move a backup) the files and let to cvs update the files.

      Best regards.
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
        Olivier Schlatter <olivier_schlatter@...> wrote:

        >Hi,
        >
        >I'm sorry to distrub you with a such question. But, some people in my company get an output like the one i attach when they update. And, i'm sure they did not change anything in those files. So, why is there a conflict ? And how can i fix it ?
        >
        >Thanx in advance for your help
        >Regards
        >

        >Olivier

        [conflicts snipped]

        Olivier,
        if your cvs server resides on a unix file system, this might be an issue with
        filename case. On Unix, 'lala.txt' and 'LaLa.txt' are 2 different files, but on
        Win32 it's one. When CVS is trying to update the local repository, it might
        have 2 com/calypso/apps/package.html files, the second with a case difference.
        After it updates the first, and tries the second (remember these are 2 separate
        files on the server) the first one is already in it's way because Win32 file
        systems are case insensitive. This is not a bug in CVS, but an example of how
        not to store files in a repository that must be cross-platform.

        So slap the person in your company on the wrist for adding when he/she should
        have committed or whatever it was they did wrong with filename case from their
        unix workstation.

        --
        David Gravereaux <davygrvy@...>
        http://dev.scriptics.com/doc/integration.html#Tcl