ecce pirate

  • leah
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2003
      has anyone seen Ecce Pirate? if so, does anyone know where i could
      get a copy?? i've owned cutthroat island for about 5 years now and
      found out about the prequel immediately after and still haven't
      found a copy of the movie....so, if you know anywhere i can get one
      please tell me...i've already tried eBay a dozen times n no one ever
      sells it so...yea...
    • piratescoast
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi! Glad to see another member here- especially in the monstrous
        wake of Pirates of the Caribbean! ;)

        > has anyone seen Ecce Pirate? if so, does anyone know where i could
        > get a copy?? i've owned cutthroat island for about 5 years now and
        > found out about the prequel immediately after and still haven't
        > found a copy of the movie....so, if you know anywhere i can get one
        > please tell me...i've already tried eBay a dozen times n no one
        > ever sells it so...yea...

        I didn't even know such a film existed! Unfortunately, the only
        information that I was able to find about it online gave the
        impression that it was never publicly released- not in theatres,
        video or any other format. One of the sites I visited (a fansite for
        Matthew Modine, I believe) said that the twenty-minute film was
        produced for a private viewing for the cast and crew and has never
        since seen the light of day. Which sucks. Why make a film if you
        don't want everyone to see it?

        None of the pages I visited even had a decent summary of what the
        movie was about- but they all listed Modine as being part of the cast
        so I'd say it was probably more of a sequel than a prequel. I doubt
        it will happen but with the huge success of POTC it'd be so cool if
        Cutthroat Island's producers took a cue from it and created a decent
        sequel (well, one that's longer than twenty minutes and actually
        reaches the theatres, that is...). ;)

        -Dalliann
      • bob el stop signo0o
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
          well...i know it's a film about Chris Masterson's Character, Bowen. It's about how he became a pirate and it was shown at Sundance Film Festival. Since I heard it was about how Bowen became a pirate, i figured it was a prequel. Of course, i'm not sure at all. I'm just going by what IMDB said. I think it was IMDB, but I'm not sure. I don't think Modine is in it, he was the producer/writer i believe.

          Given how the bowen character seems extremely out of place in cutthroat, i was kinda wondering what the story of him would be...

          Did you notice that a LOT of pirates of the carribean reminded me so much of Cutthroat..ive seen pirates like 3 times n the first two i was trying to figure out why it was so familiar, and then i stumbled across the old cutthroat vhs and watched it...

          -leah
          piratescoast <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          Hi! Glad to see another member here- especially in the monstrous
          wake of Pirates of the Caribbean! ;)

          > has anyone seen Ecce Pirate? if so, does anyone know where i could
          > get a copy?? i've owned cutthroat island for about 5 years now and
          > found out about the prequel immediately after and still haven't
          > found a copy of the movie....so, if you know anywhere i can get one
          > please tell me...i've already tried eBay a dozen times n no one
          > ever sells it so...yea...

          I didn't even know such a film existed! Unfortunately, the only
          information that I was able to find about it online gave the
          impression that it was never publicly released- not in theatres,
          video or any other format. One of the sites I visited (a fansite for
          Matthew Modine, I believe) said that the twenty-minute film was
          produced for a private viewing for the cast and crew and has never
          since seen the light of day. Which sucks. Why make a film if you
          don't want everyone to see it?

          None of the pages I visited even had a decent summary of what the
          movie was about- but they all listed Modine as being part of the cast
          so I'd say it was probably more of a sequel than a prequel. I doubt
          it will happen but with the huge success of POTC it'd be so cool if
          Cutthroat Island's producers took a cue from it and created a decent
          sequel (well, one that's longer than twenty minutes and actually
          reaches the theatres, that is...). ;)

          -Dalliann

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT