GEO submission for custom CDF derived data

  • Manhong Dai
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2008
      Hi Paul:

      Thanks a lot for your question. We actually discussed with GEO
      administrator about what is the best way to submit data using custom CDF
      files. They suggested a simple and effective approach 1) use the
      standard platform name for the AffyGeneChip 2) add the actual CDF used
      in the platform field.

      An example is GSE6306:

      Platforms (1)

      GPL4557

      Affymetrix
      GeneChip Human
      Genome U133 Array
      Set HG-U133A [CDF:
      Hs133A_Hs_UG_3]

      I believe you can also add a web link next to the custom CDF name to
      point to our website or the bioconductor website for the specific custom
      CDF used.

      Best,

      Fan