New Yardbirds Guitarist

  • gerryyork
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 12, 2005
      Anyone heard the Yardies with their new guitarist, Ben King? Having
      seen them twice in Florida with Jerr Donohue, I must say I am
      disappointed Jerry's gone. :-(
    • garrettruss
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 18, 2005
        Gerry,
        I'll be seeing The Yardbirds on Dec 2nd over in England. I'll let you
        know how 'the new kid' does.
        Cheers,
        Russ
        http://www.yardbirds.us

        --- In cumular_limit@yahoogroups.com, "gerryyork" <gerryyork@y...>
        wrote:

        > Anyone heard the Yardies with their new guitarist, Ben King? Having
        > seen them twice in Florida with Jerr Donohue, I must say I am
        > disappointed Jerry's gone. :-(

      • Gerard York
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 18, 2005
          Thanks, Russ:
          I hope the Yardbirds get back to Florida, but, if not,
          Jerry will always be "my" Yardbirds guitarist.
          Regards
          Gerry

          --- garrettruss <garrettruss@...> wrote:

          > Gerry,
          > I'll be seeing The Yardbirds on Dec 2nd over in
          > England. I'll let you
          > know how 'the new kid' does.
          > Cheers,
          > Russ
          > http://www.yardbirds.us
          >

          > --- In cumular_limit@yahoogroups.com, "gerryyork"
          > <gerryyork@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Anyone heard the Yardies with their new guitarist,
          > Ben King? Having
          > > seen them twice in Florida with Jerr Donohue, I
          > must say I am
          > > disappointed Jerry's gone. :-(

          __________________________________
          http://farechase.yahoo.com
        • garrettruss
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 6, 2005
            Ben King (the new kid) was great. He fit right in. (Plus the young
            girls seem ro like him!) I'll have some new photos up on
            http://www.yardbirds.us in a couple of weeks. Got some nice shots of
            orginal Yardies guitarist Top Topham too.

            --- In cumular_limit@yahoogroups.com, Gerard York <gerryyork@y...>
            wrote:

            > Thanks, Russ:
            > I hope the Yardbirds get back to Florida, but, if not,
            > Jerry will always be "my" Yardbirds guitarist.
            > Regards
            > Gerry
            >

            > --- garrettruss <garrettruss@y...> wrote:
            >

            > > Gerry,
            > > I'll be seeing The Yardbirds on Dec 2nd over in
            > > England. I'll let you
            > > know how 'the new kid' does.
            > > Cheers,
            > > Russ
            > > http://www.yardbirds.us
            > >

            > > --- In cumular_limit@yahoogroups.com, "gerryyork"
            > > <gerryyork@y...>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Anyone heard the Yardies with their new guitarist,
            > > Ben King? Having
            > > > seen them twice in Florida with Jerr Donohue, I
            > > must say I am
            > > > disappointed Jerry's gone. :-(
            > > >

            > __________________________________
            > http://farechase.yahoo.com

          • Dan Mackay
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 6, 2005
              Excellent, truely excellent, Got a bit of digital video film, will share with people soon. Its not wonderful, but its not bad either. Was great to see the Yardy-birdies again. Was also really good to put a face to the famous name of Russ Garrett!
              Dan

              wrote:

              > Thanks, Russ:
              > I hope the Yardbirds get back to Florida, but, if not,
              > Jerry will always be "my" Yardbirds guitarist.
              > Regards
              > Gerry
              >

              > --- garrettruss <garrettruss@y...> wrote:
              >

              > > Gerry,
              > > I'll be seeing The Yardbirds on Dec 2nd over in
              > > England. I'll let you
              > > know how 'the new kid' does.
              > > Cheers,
              > > Russ
              > > http://www.yardbirds.us
              > >

              > > --- In cumular_limit@yahoogroups.com, "gerryyork"
              > > <gerryyork@y...>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Anyone heard the Yardies with their new guitarist,
              > > Ben King? Having
              > > > seen them twice in Florida with Jerr Donohue, I
              > > must say I am
              > > > disappointed Jerry's gone. :-(
              > > >

              > __________________________________
              > http://farechase.yahoo.com

              ---------------------------------

            • Gerard York
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 6, 2005
                Thanks for the news, Russ (and thanks for the
                excellent website!)

                I finally obtained a copy of the 1996 two-fer CD "Box
                of Frogs"/"Strangeland"....Having heard the Yardbirds
                do "Back Where I Started From" (from the first album)
                I was curious
                ..What a treasure trove! In addition to Chris Dreja,
                Jim McCarty, Paul Samwell Smith and John Fiddler,
                guest appearances from Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Ray
                Majors, Roger Chapman (a great version of "Heart Full
                of Soul"), Steve Hackett, Rory Gallagher, Max
                Middleton... A must for any Yardbirds fan. In my case,
                better late than never!

                Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                dsl.yahoo.com
              • garrettruss
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 11, 2005
                  Yes, Dan it was great to meet you and your famous father as well!
                  It was a great gig wasnt it?
                  Cheers,
                  Russ
                  htpp://www.yardbirds.us

                  --- In cumular_limit@yahoogroups.com, Dan Mackay
                  <dangermouse_69div@y...> wrote:

                  > Excellent, truely excellent, Got a bit of digital video film, will
                  share with people soon. Its not wonderful, but its not bad either.
                  Was great to see the Yardy-birdies again. Was also really good to put
                  a face to the famous name of Russ Garrett!
                  > Dan
                  >
                  > garrettruss <garrettruss@y...> wrote:
                  > Ben King (the new kid) was great. He fit right in. (Plus the
                  young
                  > girls seem ro like him!) I'll have some new photos up on
                  > http://www.yardbirds.us in a couple of weeks. Got some nice shots
                  of
                  > orginal Yardies guitarist Top Topham too.
                  >

                  > --- In cumular_limit@yahoogroups.com, Gerard York <gerryyork@y...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Thanks, Russ:
                  > > I hope the Yardbirds get back to Florida, but, if not,
                  > > Jerry will always be "my" Yardbirds guitarist.
                  > > Regards
                  > > Gerry
                  > >

                  > > --- garrettruss <garrettruss@y...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > > Gerry,
                  > > > I'll be seeing The Yardbirds on Dec 2nd over in
                  > > > England. I'll let you
                  > > > know how 'the new kid' does.
                  > > > Cheers,
                  > > > Russ
                  > > > http://www.yardbirds.us
                  > > >

                  > > > --- In cumular_limit@yahoogroups.com, "gerryyork"
                  > > > <gerryyork@y...>

                  > > > Ben King? Having
                  > > > must say I am
                  > > > >

                  > > __________________________________
                  > > Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click.
                  > > http://farechase.yahoo.com

                  Service.

                  > ---------------------------------

                • garrettruss
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 11, 2005
                    McCarty tells me that the Box of Frogs discs are getting a re-release
                    on the Evangeline label. I have a couple of copies signed by Jim and
                    Chris if anyone is interested.
                    Cheers,
                    Russ
                    http://www.yardbirds.us

                    wrote:

                    > Thanks for the news, Russ (and thanks for the
                    > excellent website!)
                    >
                    > I finally obtained a copy of the 1996 two-fer CD "Box
                    > of Frogs"/"Strangeland"....Having heard the Yardbirds
                    > do "Back Where I Started From" (from the first album)
                    > I was curious
                    > ..What a treasure trove! In addition to Chris Dreja,
                    > Jim McCarty, Paul Samwell Smith and John Fiddler,
                    > guest appearances from Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Ray
                    > Majors, Roger Chapman (a great version of "Heart Full
                    > of Soul"), Steve Hackett, Rory Gallagher, Max
                    > Middleton... A must for any Yardbirds fan. In my case,
                    > better late than never!

                    > Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                    > dsl.yahoo.com

                  • Gerard York
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 12, 2005
                      According to Evangeline Records, Box of Frogs will be
                      released on January 30th 2006. Extra track "Nine
                      Lives" - (Non LP) track

                      Evangeline

                      --- garrettruss <garrettruss@...> wrote:

                      > McCarty tells me that the Box of Frogs discs are
                      > getting a re-release
                      > on the Evangeline label. I have a couple of copies
                      > signed by Jim and
                      > Chris if anyone is interested.
                      > Cheers,
                      > Russ
                      > http://www.yardbirds.us
                      >

                      > --- In cumular_limit@yahoogroups.com, Gerard York
                      > <gerryyork@y...>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Thanks for the news, Russ (and thanks for the
                      > > excellent website!)
                      > >
                      > > I finally obtained a copy of the 1996 two-fer CD
                      > "Box
                      > > of Frogs"/"Strangeland"....Having heard the
                      > Yardbirds
                      > > do "Back Where I Started From" (from the first
                      > album)
                      > > I was curious
                      > > ..What a treasure trove! In addition to Chris
                      > Dreja,
                      > > Jim McCarty, Paul Samwell Smith and John Fiddler,
                      > > guest appearances from Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Ray
                      > > Majors, Roger Chapman (a great version of "Heart
                      > Full
                      > > of Soul"), Steve Hackett, Rory Gallagher, Max
                      > > Middleton... A must for any Yardbirds fan. In my
                      > case,
                      > > better late than never!

                      > > Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about.
                      > > Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                      > > dsl.yahoo.com

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • John Becker
                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 17, 2005
                        > According to Evangeline Records, Box of Frogs will be
                        > released on January 30th 2006. Extra track "Nine
                        > Lives" - (Non LP) track

                        The cassette version of "Strange Land", the second Box of Frogs album,
                        had two non-LP tracks:
                        "I Keep Calling" and "20/20 Vision". I wonder if those will ever see a
                        release on CD?

                        John
                      • Kevin Kamphaus
                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 17, 2005
                          Are any of these tracks worth tracking down?

                          Kevin