The Little Games demo sessions?

  • Lance Hankinson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17, 2005
      I've noticed that no one seems to have the "Little Games" demo
      sessions bootleg...here's what it features:

      Label: Outrider # OR-9802012, 2 CD
      Date: 1967
      Recording: 2 CD, Excellent-Soundboard 10
      all Tracks feat. Jimmy Page,
      AWESOME - A MUST HAVE
      this thing has such a GREAT Sound I have to give a 11 :-)

      Disc 1: Little Games, Puzzles, No Excess Baggage, Smile on me,
      Drinking Muddy Water, Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor, De Lane Lea Lee
      (take 1+2), White Summer, Stealing Stealing, I remember the night,
      Only the black Rose, Glimpses, Little Soldier Boy, Never Mind
      Disc 2: You stole my Love ( Take 1 -15), LSD (Take 1-3), Ten Little
      Indians ( Takes 1 - 15),

      We should find a way to track this down somehow...it's considered
      a real rarity for Yardbirds fans....
    • garrettruss
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 17, 2005
        I was just listening to the CUMULAR LIMIT album. Man, than German TV
        announcer is hyper as hell!!!!!

        Cheers,
        Russ
        http://www.yardbirds.us

        --- In cumular_limit@yahoogroups.com, "Lance Hankinson"
        <lancehankinson@y...> wrote:

        > I've noticed that no one seems to have the "Little Games" demo
        > sessions bootleg...here's what it features:
        >

        > Label: Outrider # OR-9802012, 2 CD
        > Date: 1967
        > Recording: 2 CD, Excellent-Soundboard 10
        > all Tracks feat. Jimmy Page,
        > AWESOME - A MUST HAVE
        > this thing has such a GREAT Sound I have to give a 11 :-)
        >
        > Disc 1: Little Games, Puzzles, No Excess Baggage, Smile on me,
        > Drinking Muddy Water, Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor, De Lane Lea Lee
        > (take 1+2), White Summer, Stealing Stealing, I remember the night,
        > Only the black Rose, Glimpses, Little Soldier Boy, Never Mind
        > Disc 2: You stole my Love ( Take 1 -15), LSD (Take 1-3), Ten Little
        > Indians ( Takes 1 - 15),
        >

        > We should find a way to track this down somehow...it's
        considered
        > a real rarity for Yardbirds fans....
      • avalonrick2002
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 20, 2005
          There are actually 4 cds so far of Little Games demos sessions. 2
          that have been released on bootleg from Japan and two other cds worth
          of material. I will say that for the most part the sessions went
          very quickly with Mickey Most insisiting on going on to the next
          track without letting the band hear play backs. Page even says can
          we hear that and Most goes on to the next track Smile on me. Little
          Games is my all time favorite studio album by the Yardbirds. If only
          they were permitted to work on the concept for say even a little
          while longer and given time to finish some of the tracks correctly.
          But we do have the excellent 2 cd set of released material. The
          other sessions only reveal more studio banter, slight different mixes
          and takes but sticking to what we all know.

          Rick

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 20 8:30 AM
            THere are actually two sets of little games sessions both bootlegs
            one that was traded and listed below and yet another that has not
            been traded. BTW These are not demos these are the actual sessions
            just different takes from the final two cd set that came out. No big
            revelations just more or less documents what jerk Mickey Most was in
            not allowing play backs as you can hear Page make his plea.

            Rick