Cumberlist: "Hovering care" and Ian McClung

  • Dudley Condron
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2002

      Dudley here:

           Thanks Matthew for word on the premature birth of Ian Mcclung.   I feel quite comfortable that he will come on through that experience very well.  I say that because those people are very good.   And not just the equipment.  The people who nurse these preemies throughs their first hours, days and weeks are special.  Our own grandson, Trevor, was one of those 29 week wonders (looked at birth sort of like a coke bottle with limbs.  He was tiny and wrinkled.   We worried aloud to the nurse when we saw him in the Med's natal unit.  "Not to worry" she told us.  "There are 36 of these babies here and we care of each one as if he or she were the only one."  And it worked out that way.   Today Trevor is a hearty, wonderful golfing, solid Christian, fifteen year old of whom we are very proud.   He came out of that hospital situation just fine.   I willk go ahead and project that future for Ian,

           But this is not about that.   This is about what the nurse told Trevor and what Genesis tells us about us and our babies.  "The Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters," says my Bible.  I think of that nurse in neo-natal, hovering over that little incubator doing Trevor's breathing  for the terrible vulnerable preemie.  I mean when we left her she was "hovering" over Trevor...as though, she said, he were the only one there.

            I think of God,. hovering, not just over the waters but over all that has gone into making our lives possible on this wonderful blue ball we call "Earth."  Those who believe that we are no more than the accidental product of some evolutionary process have missed the point of it all.   I look out my window at this moment and everything I see reflects Intelligent Design.  Everything!    As well it should.  It is the product of that Great Designer we call God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.   Hovering over the Cosmos.  Hovering over us.  Hovering over Ian.  Caring for each one of the four billion earthlings and each of us as though we were the only one.

      Dudley, in prayer for Ian McClung, his parents and his neo-natal crew.

      Do You Yahoo!?
    • Dudley Condron