Re: [cumberlandcrossings] Rabbits

  • Chad Anderson
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2013
      We have a lot of rabbits as well. I believe the hillier parts of the neighborhood are worse because they are burrowing up in the relief drains of the retaining walls. Extremely good protection from predators.

      I have considered placing mesh or chicken wire to block the drain outlets, however, concerned I might trap a family inside and create an awful stench...

      Just had a thought, could use the spray/pellets directly into the drains to discourage them living there.

      Chad

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 22, 2013, at 9:28 PM, "umagov" <umagov@...> wrote:

      I have lots of bunnies in my lawn. No small plants survive including veg garden from them. For the last 2 seasons i have not been able to grow any new flower plants. There is also rabbit poop(pardon my lang) everywhere i step.

      Have tried every spray/pellet the home improvement stores offer but no use.

      Do any of you guys face this issue? Can you share what you have done get rid of the rabbits?

      I drove around other streets of our community and saw lot of ground level flower bushes and wondering if the bunny issue is specific to my street...may be they feel at home here :)

      Uma.

    • Minal Abhang Doke
      Message 2 of 3 , May 23, 2013

        We are facing same issue since last couple of years , rabbits eat all flowers and veges. I put a net around veg garden to save those but other flowers are not safe.
        Tried all replellents but no success. Pest control folks are not much help ...
        Can city do something about them , any idea ?

        I even blocked drain outlets but no use ...

        They don't eat herbs though.
        I am also interested to know how people are able to save their flower bushes ?
        -minal