comments on 2 Mar minutes

  • jocx@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6 5:18 PM
      First I thot the use of the tree on the minutes was great.

      2nd I often like to cut and paste some of the notes like to respond in a case like this and don't know how to do that with the pdf, acrobat reader or whatever Dave is using and I find it inconvenient.

      3rd (Sorry Dave, I still love ya) using the COPA in the cc is also a bit inconvenient for me (for others?) as I can't do a reply to all and have it go to every one. This would have been convenient here as would the ability to copy regarding a comment further down.

      4th RE: the ICP meeting, I think it is ICP and not IPC which I have also used in the past. I think Del straightened us out on that one at the 2 Mar mtng. If it's me that's off, thats ok, I just want to get it right.

      Also RE the ICP mtng my memory is that we were thinking about merging or marrying with ICP but concluded that because of their focus on faith, we would not do that. However, I do not remember anyone saying that we could not join in alliances with them. Many of the local peace groups are faith-based on some level.

      5th (and the part I had to retype instead of cut and paste) almost at the end of the minutes "It was suggested that we approach the outside using very diplomatic language so as not to offend anyone or raise undo concern."

      I certainly agree that we do not want to offend anyone -- tho sometimes we must -- or raise undo concern, but my diplomacy is usually governed by the party being dealt with and the situation. I can't recollect the specific circumstance that prompted that remark, indeed I cannot remember hearing it. I would like to be reminded of the context. Also, I find the statement itself a bit awkward.

      Other than that, Dave, believe it or not, I thought you did a wonderful job with the notes and promptly done which I hope becomes a trademark with all note-takers -- jack

    • David Kaler
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6 11:30 PM
        Thanks Jack, I'll attempt to address all of your thoughts and give you
        feedback. thanks for your quick response.
        Dave