Aravelle.com is up and running

  • sheena_c_harden
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2007
      Below is the text for my recent press release. The reason I'm posting
      here is to bring to your attention that we need more artists! I hope
      some of you will consider submitting work for consideration. I am
      especially thinking of the "One-of-a-Kind" section. :)

      -Sheena

      Local Artists Receive Internet Exposure

      Austinite Sheena Harden launches an on- line retail store called
      Aravelle.com featuring the work of local artists, crafters, artisans
      and jewelers. Charging only a modest commission to cover business
      costs, Aravelle.com provides an e- commerce space for high quality,
      unique fine gifts.

      Harden recently stated, "I wanted to create a website for artists who
      do not have the time or inclination to create and maintain their own
      on-line store. By handling the details, it frees up time for the
      artists to focus on their work." Harden provides whatever the artists
      do not already have to promote their items including photography, item
      descriptions and package design.

      Some artists already have websites of their own but do not have the
      time to do the necessary promotion or maintenance and therefore do not
      receive a majority of their business from the Internet. Austin jewelry
      maker Diane Petkoff said, "I'm pleased that my jewelry is being
      showcased on Aravelle.com. It's a great way for more people to be
      exposed to my work. I look forward to showing more one-of-a-kind
      pieces there."

      An Austin original, Harden is an artist herself as well as a musician,
      graphic designer and City employee. When asked how she finds the time
      to do it all she replied (laughing), "Well, I don't sleep a lot. My
      husband picks up the slack and it also helps that we have cats instead
      of kids."

      Aravelle.com is open for business and seeking more artists from Austin
      and around the world. Details for artists interested in this outlet
      are available at aravelle.com.
    • Kate Anderson