Today

  • amycnelson1971
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 11, 2006
      Well the list sure has been quiet. I have been busy with a fabric book
      attempt for a secret pal exchange. That and work. I went to see A
      Prairie Home Companion at Bass Concert Hall last night and that was a
      riot! Really enjoyed it. Other than that I've been holing up at home,
      doing some gardening, cleaning my studio (it's cleaned up enough that I
      could get my sewing machine back in here <giggle>), and attempting to
      get back in the creative mind frame...

      How about everyone else?

      Amy in Austin
    • Patricia Anderson

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 18, 2006
          Hi everyone.

          We just got back from New York City last night.  I did some sketches and painting while I was there and went to the Met and Museum of Modern Art.  Drank in the artwork on display, feeling totally at awe.  Also went to a couple of Broadway shows, which were phenomenal!!  Now its laundry, cleaning house and deck-building at our house.  Kept thinking about you Amy, and your request for ephemera.  Really hard to find!  I have some maps and brochures, but couldn't find much else.
          Maureen

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 18, 2006

            Welcome to the group Emily and welcome back home Maureen ……. Maureen sound like your trip was awesome ….. Amy sounds like your life is moving right along also …. Emily as Jeri said we do have several that are in to AB’s big time and some that want to get into them so we are a mixed bag …. I have uploaded a few pages from some of my AB’s …….

            Linda
            "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"

          • Patricia Anderson
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 18, 2006
              What a fabulous trip!  Sounds like you really enjoyed "the big apple."  I would love to do that someday.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 18, 2006

                  There are actually 4 pages to this technique …. 3 you tear & color differently the 4th has the image you see thru the tunnel (it’s embossed papers cut into consecutive ovals the first one had the extra pieces put on the sides) and corresponds with the others in theme and colors … the vellum envelope came with the flowers all I did was a little stamping, edge coloring and add shrink plastic element over the envelope and layout plans of an English garden inside the envelope …..

                  Did you go to my file and look at the others that I uploaded ……..