Beeswax

  • Kate
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2006
      In a discussion on beeswax collage at our last art day...we questioned
      using acrylics or oils and after looking at my notes again, I believe
      acrylics do not work well with beeswax. To add color to beeswax - use
      oils, encaustic wax or crayons.

      Kate
    • Linda's mail
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2006

        Kate have you tried re-inkers … I haven’t just wondering …..

        Linda
        "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2006
          I have not tried reinkers, we will have to experiment with that.
          When I want to add color to a beeswax collage I use encaustic wax or
          crayons. If I want to bring out a texture or an image stamped into
          the wax, I would use Stazon, or apply a little water-soluble oil
          paint (Windsor-Newton is what I have tried). The original discussion
          was about acrylic paint on wax and I have read that once the acrylic
          dries it tends to fall off the wax easily.

          Kate