A&S Dallas, Round Robin's and Stuff

  • amycnelson1971
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2005
      Hi everyone. I hope you are all home, warm and safe from the lovely
      weather outside. I haven't posted in a while and thought I'd catch
      up with everyone.

      I signed up for Art and Soul Dallas last weekend - taking some
      scrumptious classes. Is anyone else going? I may have found a
      roommate (maybe), but we're talking of getting a suite and splitting
      four ways cause it's cheaper (and she qualifies for the AARP rate).
      If anyone is interested, please let me know.

      Is anyone interested in starting up an Altered RR next year? I
      should be wrapped up with one of my long distance ones from the AB
      yahoo group. The other has fizzled and I'm probably never going to
      see my book again. That said, I'd like to participate in one, but
      with people I know and who are in driving distance should medical
      emergencies or other disasters strike.

      One other piece of news: my AB "Death of Democracy" is in an exhibit
      that runs through the end of the year in Austin at St. Stephen's
      episcopal school. There was a reception last night and I went.
      There are some fabulous books on display - altered, art journals, and
      art books as well as cool art and/or craft bindings. If anyone wants
      the info, I'd be happy to pass it along. One of the AB'ers I met
      there last night (whom I knew previously, but didn't realize was an
      ABer) should be joining this group soon and she's also interested in
      joining an RR. Her name is Maureen and she had REALLY cool books in
      the show. Other news related to this show - the organizer is the Art
      teacher at St. Stephen's and is the curator of their Scanlan
      Gallery. She's thinking of making this exhibit, "The Art of the
      Book", an annual event. So, you might want to think of entering next
      year - no fee, no jurying and a cool Gallery space in the front of
      the performing arts center at the school.

      I've been working on my "Great Wall" AB and have made serious
      progress in the last three weeks. I should have pics before
      Christmas that I can post. I'm so much more pleased... This is the
      book I started, got frustrated with and restarted... I am working in
      the original book having adjusted my thinking on the original issues.

      Anyway, that's my news. Hope everyone is well and creative!

      Amy in Austin
    • Jerilynski@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2005
        Amy this book show (now I can't remember what you called it - sorry) sounds wonderful - yes, I want to know more and possibly be involved - possibly.

         Jeri Aaron
        "the secret to life is a good cup of coffee"

        An Affair With Art
        Art Without Borders
        Eclectic tARTs

[...]

        <FONT COLOR="#000099">Life without art & music? Keep the arts alive today at
        Network for Good!
        </FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/7zgKlB/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/VcIolB/TM"><B>Click
        Here!</B></A>

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Denise Smith
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 9, 2005
          Amy, I read about this AB showing.  At least I think it one in the same.  Is the address of St. Stephens on Bunny Run?  What are the hours and dates?  I live north but work South (as of November 18) and plan on seeingit before it's over.  I especially want to see your work on display.  Do they have gloves, etc for viewers to touch the books or do they have page turners there to turn the pages to protect your precious art?  denise

        • Amy C Nelson
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 9, 2005
            It is at St. Stephen's on Bunny Run.  Hours are 8:30-5:30, M-F and weekends when something else is planned at the Performing Arts Center.  The Gallery is in the front of the S.S.'s Perf Arts Center - so they open it up when the PAC is open.  You can also call the number in the article and schedule a time.  Bea, the coordinator, is a really neat lady - who also alters books.  She's perfectly happy to come in and open up the gallery.

            I do have a book there, as does Maureen (the new list member).  And they do have white gloves!