737Reporting In

  • jerilynski
    Aug 18, 2009
      Hi Everyone, yes I have to say we have become the quietest group ever!  As Kate stated, I hope everyone will send out an email telling all about what you've been involved in this year.  I realize we have quite a varied group of women here, so "what say", let's all reintroduce ourselves and tell about our art.

      My name is Jeri Aaron, I've met a few of you in years past.
      I'm basically into altered art creations.  I make a few cards (very few), love assemblages, adore making books - I write stories and then create a book that sort of "wraps" itself around the story.  I also work a lot with cabinet cards, do some canvas creations, altered books - and the list goes on!

      I also hold a few art retreats each year.  Most of those are set up for the attendees to bring whatever they want to work on and I provide a couple of make & takes for the weekend.  I am also holding a Gypsy Lore bookmaking class in Maggie Valley, NC in late October - I think that will be a glorious time to be in the Smoky and Blue Ridge mountains - can't wait to enjoy all the fall colors!  And then next April I am holding (Salado, TX) the Shady Ladies Altered Art Workshops, a retreat with several teachers offering lots of wonderful ideas.

      So to sum it up, my life has been filled with art creations and the sharing of them along with holding weekend retreats and planning more!

      Let's hear from the rest of you - and ABSTRACT DREAMER, our newest member, we're waiting to hear all about you!

      JERI
      "The secret to life is a good cup of coffee"

      In a message dated 08/17/09 23:11:24 Central Daylight Time, annandesigns@... writes:

      It's good to hear from you Amy, glad the moving is behind you! Your new dolls and dragons sound fantastic, you have really been busy.
      Peg asked me to remind you that she has a crystal ball for your gypsy doll.
      Also Amy, we have a new member who is interested in handmade books and I hope she will chime in and introduce herself when she is ready.

      Kate
      http://fromsaladost udio.blogspot. com/

      Peg

      http://annandesigns .blogspot. com/