10 Years of ctk_users

  • Matthew Link
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 17, 2009
      This group was founded 10 years ago today.

      Founded on Onelist.com, which was purchased and merged with Egroups.com later that year, which in turn later that same year was purchased by Yahoo.

      Computrek itself went down in late May 1999.  Computrek.org appears to be a reserved but otherwise unused domain today.

    • Tim McLaughlin
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 17, 2009
        wow hard to believe that this list has been around that long

        /\/ormal

        To: ctk_users@yahoogroups.com
        From: mal2006@...
        Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:33:00 -0400
        Subject: [ctk_users] 10 Years of ctk_users

        This group was founded 10 years ago today.

        Founded on Onelist.com, which was purchased and merged with Egroups.com later that year, which in turn later that same year was purchased by Yahoo.

        Computrek itself went down in late May 1999.  Computrek.org appears to be a reserved but otherwise unused domain today.

        Rediscover Hotmail®: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry Check it out.
      • Kas
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 19, 2009
          Well, I think most people have moved on to the "newest thang" of facebook, maybe even myspace (tho I don't think it's doing as well).

          I've been running into people I haven't talked to in 20-25 years, which makes me cringe to say "20 years".

          I miss the ole GT days every now and then, and the Denny's runs afterwards. LOL. Bert has created quite a few memories I just can't seem to shake!

          As for FB - feel free to bring a little trip down memory lane to my life, Every now and then it's fun. It's amazing how many people remember things I have long since forgoten.. evil_redhead_22@...

          Toodles..

          Kas
          -Da Bull

          > wow hard to believe that this list has been around that long
          >

          > /\/ormal
          >

          > To: ctk_users@yahoogroups.com
          > From: mal2006@...
          > Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:33:00 -0400
          > Subject: [ctk_users] 10 Years of ctk_users
          >

          > This group was founded 10 years ago today.
          >
          > Founded on Onelist.com, which was purchased and merged with Egroups.com later that year, which in turn later that same year was purchased by Yahoo.
          >
          > Computrek itself went down in late May 1999. Computrek.org appears to be a reserved but otherwise unused domain today.

          > Rediscover Hotmail®: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry
          > http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Mobile2_042009

        • Cj Biro
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 20, 2009
            Is there a computrek FB group? I know there's a Heartland one...

            -Cj
            AKA Trooper

            Well, I think most people have moved on to the "newest thang" of facebook,
            maybe even myspace (tho I don't think it's doing as well).

            I've been running into people I haven't talked to in 20-25 years, which
            makes me cringe to say "20 years".

            I miss the ole GT days every now and then, and the Denny's runs afterwards.
            LOL. Bert has created quite a few memories I just can't seem to shake!

            As for FB - feel free to bring a little trip down memory lane to my life,
            Every now and then it's fun. It's amazing how many people remember things I
            have long since forgoten.. evil_redhead_22@...

            Toodles..

            Kas
            -Da Bull

            > wow hard to believe that this list has been around that long
            >

            > /\/ormal
            >

            > To: ctk_users@yahoogroups.com
            > From: mal2006@...
            > Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:33:00 -0400
            > Subject: [ctk_users] 10 Years of ctk_users
            >

            > This group was founded 10 years ago today.
            >
            > Founded on Onelist.com, which was purchased and merged with Egroups.com
            > later that year, which in turn later that same year was purchased by
            > Yahoo.
            >
            > Computrek itself went down in late May 1999. Computrek.org appears to be
            > a reserved but otherwise unused domain today.

            > Rediscover Hotmail®: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry
            > http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Mobile2_042009

          • Evil Redhead
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 20, 2009
              Not that I could find, and I'm not quite sure how to set one up.  I will try it later.

              -kas
              DB

              Is there a computrek FB group? I know there's a Heartland one...

              -Cj
              AKA Trooper

              Well, I think most people have moved on to the "newest thang" of facebook,
              maybe even myspace (tho I don't think it's doing as well).

              I've been running into people I haven't talked to in 20-25 years, which
              makes me cringe to say "20 years".

              I miss the ole GT days every now and then, and the Denny's runs afterwards.
              LOL. Bert has created quite a few memories I just can't seem to shake!

              As for FB - feel free to bring a little trip down memory lane to my life,
              Every now and then it's fun. It's amazing how many people remember things I
              have long since forgoten.. evil_redhead_ 22@yahoo. com

              Toodles..

              Kas
              -Da Bull

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 20, 2009
                Ahem.

                There is now.

                What can I say, I was bored at work.  :-)

                Search Computrek BBS of Columbus Ohio

                Is there a computrek FB group? I know there's a Heartland one...

                -Cj
                AKA Trooper

                Well, I think most people have moved on to the "newest thang" of facebook,
                maybe even myspace (tho I don't think it's doing as well).

                I've been running into people I haven't talked to in 20-25 years, which
                makes me cringe to say "20 years".

                I miss the ole GT days every now and then, and the Denny's runs afterwards.
                LOL. Bert has created quite a few memories I just can't seem to shake!

                As for FB - feel free to bring a little trip down memory lane to my life,
                Every now and then it's fun. It's amazing how many people remember things I
                have long since forgoten.. evil_redhead_ 22@yahoo. com

                Toodles..

                Kas
                -Da Bull

                > wow hard to believe that this list has been around that long
                >

                > /\/ormal
                >

                > To: ctk_users@yahoogrou ps.com
                > From: mal2006@...
                > Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:33:00 -0400
                > Subject: [ctk_users] 10 Years of ctk_users
                >

                > This group was founded 10 years ago today.
                >
                > Founded on Onelist.com, which was purchased and merged with Egroups.com
                > later that year, which in turn later that same year was purchased by
                > Yahoo.
                >
                > Computrek itself went down in late May 1999. Computrek.org appears to be
                > a reserved but otherwise unused domain today.

                > Rediscover Hotmail®: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry
                > http://windowslive. com/RediscoverHo tmail?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_HM_Rediscover _Mobile2_ 042009

              • Ray Davis

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 20, 2009
                    if you try it let us know

                    /\/ormal

                    To: ctk_users@yahoogroups.com
                    From: evil_redhead_22@...
                    Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 06:59:08 -0700

                    Not that I could find, and I'm not quite sure how to set one up.  I will try it later.

                    -kas
                    DB

                    Is there a computrek FB group? I know there's a Heartland one...

                    -Cj
                    AKA Trooper

                    Well, I think most people have moved on to the "newest thang" of facebook,
                    maybe even myspace (tho I don't think it's doing as well).

                    I've been running into people I haven't talked to in 20-25 years, which
                    makes me cringe to say "20 years".

                    I miss the ole GT days every now and then, and the Denny's runs afterwards.
                    LOL. Bert has created quite a few memories I just can't seem to shake!

                    As for FB - feel free to bring a little trip down memory lane to my life,
                    Every now and then it's fun. It's amazing how many people remember things I
                    have long since forgoten.. evil_redhead_ 22@yahoo. com

                    Toodles..

                    Kas
                    -Da Bull

                    > wow hard to believe that this list has been around that long
                    >

                    > /\/ormal
                    >

                    > To: ctk_users@yahoogrou ps.com
                    > From: mal2006@...
                    > Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:33:00 -0400
                    > Subject: [ctk_users] 10 Years of ctk_users
                    >

                    > This group was founded 10 years ago today.
                    >
                    > Founded on Onelist.com, which was purchased and merged with Egroups.com
                    > later that year, which in turn later that same year was purchased by
                    > Yahoo.
                    >
                    > Computrek itself went down in late May 1999. Computrek.org appears to be
                    > a reserved but otherwise unused domain today.

                    > Rediscover Hotmail®: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry
                    > http://windowslive. com/RediscoverHo tmail?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_HM_Rediscover _Mobile2_ 042009

                    Windows Live™: Life without walls. Check it out.
                  • Evil Redhead
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 20, 2009
                      LOL.  No, i have enough to do, i just don't want to do it.  :-P