To Catch a Spammer

  • Matthew Link
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2009
      Now I am more than 99.9999% certain that this message will have absolutely no effect, but just to amuse myself, I posted a reply to a spammer attempting to join the group.  And to amuse the rest of you, and because of a lull in activity, and to demonstrate that the authorization request policy is effective, I will share this:

      I am a former ComputerTrak BBS user in columbus,Ohio.

      I replied:

      You were asked to provide your CompuTrek (not "ComputerTrak", idiot) handle, and you didn't. The obvious reason is that you were NOT a member of CompuTrek and you were trying to infiltrate the list in order to send unsolicited messages; i.e. YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A WORTHLESS SPAMMER. We moved to approve memberships because of imbeciles like you. Note that it was easy to catch you because you were TOO STUPID TO SPELL THE SUBJECT OF THE GROUP CORRECTLY, DESPITE IT BEING DISPLAYED ON THE GROUP MAIN PAGE!

      Advice: GROW A BRAIN, AND THEN TRY AGAIN. If you can by pure coincidence guess a handle of one of the users, and you attempt to join the group using another e-mail address, you may be approved. But as soon as you post a spam message you will be deleted anyway.

      Better advice: Destroy your computer and never get another one.