RE: [ctk_users] Re: Anyone listening??

  • kmanko@wideopenwest.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 8, 2006

      Raymond my dear, you have WAY too much time on your hands :P

      On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 09:32:55 -0500, Raymond Davis wrote

      ctk_users@yahoogroups.com [mailto: ctk_users@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Matthew Link

      ctk_users@yahoogroups.com

      > Subject: Re: [ctk_users] Re: Anyone listening??

      > > I am going to play "Devil's Advocate" and say Yes, the animals

      > > around him
      > > would hear it because they have ears and can understand sounds,

      > > they just

      > > cannot understand their meanings all the time.

      > Here's another one to ponder:

      > When one breaks a mirror during the seven years of bad luck from a previous mirror-breaking, are the seven year bad luck periods concurrent or consecutive?  Also related, if one has a lived a life of bad luck, may one break three mirrors on one's 21st birthday and just chalk it up to time served?

      > And why are leap years so called when those are when we don't leap over February 29th?

      > Why are dead people called "the Late"?  They left too early--it's the living who are too late!

      Communication and networkingBbsWireless communication and networking
      Bbs jack muscleBbs muscle jack

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      --
      WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com)

    • Raymond Davis
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 8, 2006

        I think it is hilarious you are just now getting to this when I see you on Yahoo IM every night.

        Raymond my dear, you have WAY too much time on your hands :P

        On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 09:32:55 -0500, Raymond Davis wrote

        On the first one: Each mirror broken starts your 7 years over again from the time of breakage.

        On the second one: Webster’s Definition to ponder: leap year

        NOUN: A year in the Gregorian calendar having 366 days, with the extra day, February 29, intercalated to compensate for the quarter-day difference between an ordinary year and the astronomical year.

        On the third one: I agree, as defined by Webster again.  Their example says it all.

        OTHER FORMS:
        > lateness
        style='font-style:italic'>(Noun)

        Usage Note:

        > It is technically correct to use a phrase such as style='font-weight:bold;font-style:italic'>our late treasurer to refer to a person who is still alive but who no longer holds the relevant post, but the use of former in this context will ensure that no embarrassing misunderstanding is created.

        > I am going to play "Devil's Advocate" and say Yes, the animals

        > around him
        > > would hear it because they have ears and can understand sounds,
        size=2>

        > they just

        > cannot understand their meanings all the time.

        Here's another one to ponder:

        When one breaks a mirror during the seven years of bad luck from a previous mirror-breaking, are the seven year bad luck periods concurrent or consecutive?  Also related, if one has a lived a life of bad luck, may one break three mirrors on one's 21st birthday and just chalk it up to time served?

        And why are leap years so called when those are when we don't leap over February 29th?

        Why are dead people called "the Late"?  They left too early--it's the living who are too late!

        Communication and networking

        Bbs

        Wireless communication and networking

        Bbs jack muscle

        Bbs muscle jack

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        •  Visit your group "ctk_users" on the web.

        •  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 20, 2006

          You don't see me on Yahoo IM every night.  Maybe a few nights during the week.  But I am out of town every weekend and rarely take a PC, and if I do, still don't have time to get online, dork :P  I have this set up on my old email address, which I rarely check, unless I have free time.  So, it takes me a while to get these :P  Deal with it LOL

          On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:42:35 -0500, Raymond Davis wrote

          ctk_users@yahoogroups.com [mailto: ctk_users@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of kmanko@...

          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 20, 2006

            Oh Kimmy Kimmy Kimmy, how we have changed……LOL

            You don't see me on Yahoo IM every night.  Maybe a few nights during the week.  But I am out of town every weekend and rarely take a PC, and if I do, still don't have time to get online, dork :P  I have this set up on my old email address, which I rarely check, unless I have free time.  So, it takes me a while to get these :P  Deal with it LOL

            On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:42:35 -0500, Raymond Davis wrote

            I think it is hilarious you are just now getting to this when I see you on Yahoo IM every night.

            On the first one: Each mirror broken starts your 7 years over again from the time of breakage.

            On the second one: Webster’s Definition to ponder: leap year

            NOUN: A year in the Gregorian calendar having 366 days, with the extra day, February 29, intercalated to compensate for the quarter-day difference between an ordinary year and the astronomical year.

            On the third one: I agree, as defined by Webster again.  Their example says it all.

            OTHER FORMS:
            > > lateness
            style='font-style:italic'>(Noun)

            Usage Note:

            > > It is technically correct to use a phrase such as
            style='font-weight:bold;font-style:italic'>our late treasurer
            to refer to a person who is still alive but who no longer holds the relevant post, but the use of former in this context will ensure that no embarrassing misunderstanding is created.

            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>

            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>

            > I am going to play "Devil's Advocate" and say Yes, the animals

            > around him
            > > > would hear it because they have ears and can understand sounds,
            size=2>

            > they just

            > cannot understand their meanings all the time.

            Here's another one to ponder:

            When one breaks a mirror during the seven years of bad luck from a previous mirror-breaking, are the seven year bad luck periods concurrent or consecutive?  Also related, if one has a lived a life of bad luck, may one break three mirrors on one's 21st birthday and just chalk it up to time served?

            And why are leap years so called when those are when we don't leap over February 29th?

            Why are dead people called "the Late"?  They left too early--it's the living who are too late!

            style='font-size:10.0pt'>SPONSORED LINKS

            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier \000D\000ANew"'>Communication and networking

            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier \000D\000ANew"'>Bbs

            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier \000D\000ANew"'>Wireless communication and networking

            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier \000D\000ANew"'>Bbs jack muscle

            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier \000D\000ANew"'>Bbs muscle jack

            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New \000D\000ARoman"'>

            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New \000D\000ARoman"'>

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            •  Visit your group "ctk_users" on the web.

            •  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New \000D\000ARoman"'>

            > --
            > WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com)

            Communication and networking

            Bbs

            Wireless communication and networking

            Bbs jack muscle

            Bbs muscle jack

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            •  Visit your group "ctk_users" on the web.

            •  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

            --
            WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com)

          • Evil Redhead
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 20, 2006
              Duuuuudddeeee... you called her Kimmy,  Run, Forest, RUN!!!!

              Raymond Davis <rdavis12@...> wrote:
              Oh Kimmy Kimmy Kimmy, how we have changed……LOL

              You don't see me on Yahoo IM every night.  Maybe a few nights during the week.  But I am out of town every weekend and rarely take a PC, and if I do, still don't have time to get online, dork :P  I have this set up on my old email address, which I rarely check, unless I have free time.  So, it takes me a while to get these :P  Deal with it LOL
              On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:42:35 -0500, Raymond Davis wrote

              I think it is hilarious you are just now getting to this when I see you on Yahoo IM every night.

              > Raymond my dear, you have WAY too much time on your hands :P

              > On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 09:32:55 -0500, Raymond Davis wrote

              On the first one: Each mirror broken starts your 7 years over again from the time of breakage.

              On the second one: Webster’s Definition to ponder: leap year

              NOUN: A year in the Gregorian calendar having 366 days, with the extra day, February 29, intercalated to compensate for the quarter-day difference between an ordinary year and the astronomical year.

              On the third one: I agree, as defined by Webster again.  Their example says it all.

              OTHER FORMS:
              > > lateness (Noun)

              Usage Note:

              > > It is technically correct to use a phrase such as our late treasurer to refer to a person who is still alive but who no longer holds the relevant post, but the use of former in this context will ensure that no embarrassing misunderstanding is created.

              > I am going to play "Devil's Advocate" and say Yes, the animals

              > around him
              > > > would hear it because they have ears and can understand sounds,

              > they just

              > cannot understand their meanings all the time.

              Here's another one to ponder:

              When one breaks a mirror during the seven years of bad luck from a previous mirror-breaking, are the seven year bad luck periods concurrent or consecutive?  Also related, if one has a lived a life of bad luck, may one break three mirrors on one's 21st birthday and just chalk it up to time served?

              And why are leap years so called when those are when we don't leap over February 29th?

              Why are dead people called "the Late"?  They left too early--it's the living who are too late!

              Bbs

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              > --
              > WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com)

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              --
              WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com)

              Yahoo! Mail
            • Raymond Davis
              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 21, 2006

                Well, unless this has changed, I was one of the “chosen few” that could get away with that but, it would not surprise me if that has changed as well.

                Duuuuudddeeee... you called her Kimmy,  Run, Forest , RUN!!!!

                Raymond Davis <rdavis12@...> wrote:

                Oh Kimmy Kimmy Kimmy, how we have changed……LOL

                You don't see me on Yahoo IM every night.  Maybe a few nights during the week.  But I am out of town every weekend and rarely take a PC, and if I do, still don't have time to get online, dork :P  I have this set up on my old email address, which I rarely check, unless I have free time.  So, it takes me a while to get these :P  Deal with it LOL

                On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:42:35 -0500, Raymond Davis wrote

                I think it is hilarious you are just now getting to this when I see you on Yahoo IM every night.

                On the first one: Each mirror broken starts your 7 years over again from the time of breakage.

                On the second one: Webster’s Definition to ponder: leap year

                NOUN: A year in the Gregorian calendar having 366 days, with the extra day, February 29, intercalated to compensate for the quarter-day difference between an ordinary year and the astronomical year.

                On the third one: I agree, as defined by Webster again.  Their example says it all.

                OTHER FORMS:
                > > lateness
                style='font-style:italic'>(Noun)

                Usage Note:

                > > It is technically correct to use a phrase such as
                style='font-weight:bold;font-style:italic'>our late treasurer
                to refer to a person who is still alive but who no longer holds the relevant post, but the use of former in this context will ensure that no embarrassing misunderstanding is created.

                style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>

                style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>

                > I am going to play "Devil's Advocate" and say Yes, the animals

                > around him
                > > > would hear it because they have ears and can understand sounds,
                size=2>

                > they just

                > cannot understand their meanings all the time.

                Here's another one to ponder:

                When one breaks a mirror during the seven years of bad luck from a previous mirror-breaking, are the seven year bad luck periods concurrent or consecutive?  Also related, if one has a lived a life of bad luck, may one break three mirrors on one's 21st birthday and just chalk it up to time served?

                And why are leap years so called when those are when we don't leap over February 29th?

                Why are dead people called "the Late"?  They left too early--it's the living who are too late!

                style='font-size:10.0pt'>SPONSORED LINKS

                style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>Communication and networking

                style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>Bbs

                style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>Wireless communication and networking

                style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>Bbs jack muscle

                style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>Bbs muscle jack

                style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman"'>

                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 28, 2006

                  LOL  Yes, now I have a life :P

                  On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:12:00 -0500, Raymond Davis wrote

                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 28, 2006

                    LMAO!!!  For some, unknown, reason I let him get away with it.  But you two are IT!  Damnit!  LOL

                    On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:34:02 -0800 (PST), Evil Redhead wrote

                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 28, 2006

                      Damn...is someone feeling sorry for himself?  Sheesh!  Allowing you to call me Kimmy (and LIVE) will not change...dork!

                      On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:00:37 -0500, Raymond Davis wrote

                      ctk_users@yahoogroups.com [mailto: ctk_users@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Evil Redhead

                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 29, 2006

                        My days of being a battered friend are over.  I am not afraid of you anymore………………….(Do I get the Oscar?)

                        Message 11 of 24 , Apr 28, 2006

                          Only if by "Oscar" you were referring to the cute, green "monster" that lives in a trash can and his name is followed by "the Grouch" :P

                          On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:07:57 -0500, Raymond Davis wrote

                          Message 12 of 24 , Apr 28, 2006

                            Golly Kimmy, almost a month later.  I knew you were slow because you are blonde but, this is ridiculous.

                            Only if by "Oscar" you were referring to the cute, green "monster" that lives in a trash can and his name is followed by "the Grouch" :P

                            On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:07:57 -0500, Raymond Davis wrote

                            My days of being a battered friend are over.  I am not afraid of you anymore………………….(Do I get the Oscar?)

                            > Damn...is someone feeling sorry for himself?  Sheesh!  Allowing you to call me Kimmy (and LIVE) will not change...dork!

                            > On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:00:37
                            -0500, Raymond Davis wrote

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Well, unless this has changed, I was one of the “chosen few” that could get away with that but, it would not surprise me if that has changed as well.

                            face=Arial>

                            size=2 face=Arial>

                            size=2 face=Arial>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;font-weight:bold'>From: ctk_users@yahoogroups.com [mailto: ctk_users@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Evil Redhead
                            > > Sent: Tuesday, March 21,
                            2006 12:34 AM
                            w:st="on">ctk_users@yahoogroups.com
                            > > Subject: RE: [ctk_users]
                            Re: Anyone listening??

                            size=2 face="Times New Roman">Duuuuudddeeee... you called her Kimmy,  Run, Forest , RUN!!!!

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman"'>>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman"'>> Raymond Davis <rdavis12@...> wrote:

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Oh Kimmy Kimmy Kimmy, how we have changed……LOL

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;font-weight:bold'>From: ctk_users@yahoogroups.com [mailto: ctk_users@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of kmanko@...
                            > > Sent: Monday, March 20,
                            2006 4:42 PM
                            w:st="on">ctk_users@yahoogroups.com
                            > > Subject: RE: [ctk_users]
                            Re: Anyone listening??

                            size=2 face="Times New Roman">You don't see me on Yahoo IM every night.  Maybe a few nights during the week.  But I am out of town every weekend and rarely take a PC, and if I do, still don't have time to get online, dork :P  I have this set up on my old email address, which I rarely check, unless I have free time.  So, it takes me a while to get these :P  Deal with it LOL

                            Times New>On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:42:35 -0500, Raymond Davis wrote

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>I think it is hilarious you are just now getting to this when I see you on Yahoo IM every night.

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>

                            new="" times="">

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;font-weight:bold'>From: ctk_users@yahoogroups.com [mailto: ctk_users@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of kmanko@...
                            > > > Sent: Wednesday,
                            March 08, 2006 5:33 PM
                            w:st="on">ctk_users@yahoogroups.com
                            > > > Subject: RE:
                            [ctk_users] Re: Anyone listening??

                            > > > Raymond my dear, you have WAY
                            too much time on your hands :P

                            > > > On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 09:32:55
                            -0500, Raymond Davis wrote

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>On the first one: Each mirror broken starts your 7 years over again from the time of breakage.

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>On the second one: Webster’s Definition to ponder: leap year

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold'>NOUN: A year in the Gregorian calendar having 366 days, with the extra day, February 29, intercalated to compensate for the quarter-day difference between an ordinary year and the astronomical year.

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>On the third one: I agree, as defined by Webster again.  Their example says it all.

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold'>OTHER FORMS:
                            style='font-style:italic'>(Noun)

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold'>Usage Note:

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>
                            style='font-weight:bold;font-style:italic'>our late treasurer
                            to refer to a person who is still alive but who no longer holds the relevant post, but the use of former in this context will ensure that no embarrassing misunderstanding is created.

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;font-weight:bold'>From: ctk_users@yahoogroups.com [mailto: ctk_users@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Matthew Link
                            Saturday, February 18, 2006 2:48 AM
                            w:st="on">ctk_users@yahoogroups.com
                            [ctk_users] Re: Anyone listening??

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>> I am going to play "Devil's Advocate" and say Yes, the animals

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>> around him
                            understand sounds,

                            new="" times="">

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>> they just

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>> cannot understand their meanings all the time.

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Here's another one to ponder:

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>When one breaks a mirror during the seven years of bad luck from a previous mirror-breaking, are the seven year bad luck periods concurrent or consecutive?  Also related, if one has a  lived a life of bad luck, may one break three mirrors on one's 21st birthday and just chalk it up to time served?

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>And why are leap years so called when those are when we don't leap over February 29th?

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Why are dead people called "the Late"?  They left too early--it's the living who are too late!

                            Courier>SPONSORED LINKS

                            style='font-family:"Times New \000D\000ARoman"'>

                            Times New>

                            courier="">Communication and networking

                            style='font-family:"Times New \000D\000ARoman"'>

                            Times New>

                            courier="">Bbs

                            style='font-family:"Times New \000D\000ARoman"'>

                            Times New>

                            courier="">Wireless communication and networking

                            style='font-family:"Times New \000D\000ARoman"'>

                            Times New>

                            courier="">Bbs jack muscle

                            style='font-family:"Times New \000D\000ARoman"'>

                            Times New>

                            courier="">Bbs muscle jack

                            style='font-family:"Times New \000D\000ARoman"'>

                            Times New>

                            new="" times="">

                            new="" times="">

                            times="">

                            new="" times="">

                            Times New>

                            > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                            •   Visit your group "ctk_users" on the web.

                              Courier>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier \000D\000ANew"'>

                            times="">

                            Times New>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>

                            > > > --
                            > > > WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com)

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier \000D\000ANew"'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>

                            style='font-family:"Courier \000D\000ANew"'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier \000D\000ANew"'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>

                            style='font-family:"Times New \000D\000ARoman"'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier \000D\000ANew"'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier \000D\000ANew"'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier \000D\000ANew"'>SPONSORED LINKS

                            style='font-family:"Times New \000D\000ARoman"'>

                            Courier>Communication and networking

                            style='font-family:"Times New \000D\000ARoman"'>

                            Courier>Bbs

                            style='font-family:"Times New \000D\000ARoman"'>

                            Courier>Wireless communication and networking

                            style='font-family:"Times New \000D\000ARoman"'>

                            Courier>Bbs jack muscle

                            style='font-family:"Times New \000D\000ARoman"'>

                            Courier>Bbs muscle jack

                            style='font-family:"Times New \000D\000ARoman"'>

                            Times New>

                            style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier \000D\000ANew"'>

                            (Message over 64 KB, truncated)
                          • Matthew Link
                            Message 13 of 24 , Apr 28, 2006
                              Only if by "Oscar" you were referring to the cute, green "monster" that lives in a trash can and his name is followed by "the Grouch" :P

                              If you hadn't put the "scare quotes" around the word "monster", I was about to ask if a grouch is technically a monster.  But you answered that question to my satisfaction.

                              Did Oscar the Grouch ever get sick?  And did he get sick from getting too clean?

                              And what happened to Oscar anyway?  He said he got his handle not from the grouch, but from someone comparing his name to "Oscar Mayer's", but some say that is baloney.

                              I made a page that described my own handle in painful detail here:

                              And here I am in Hell.  It is clickable, but it doesn't sent you to Hell.

                              Okay, so that's all for my pointless interactive e-mail.  Enjoy.