Re: David Byrne's "Ain't Got So Far to Go"

  • CaricTIO
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 5, 2004
      I think it did! Really! <G>

      Caric

      <ctrkgrendel@y...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > David Byrne
      > > > Ain't Got So Far to Go
      > > >
      > > > I am young but I remember
      > > > It was not so long ago
      > > > In a land so bright and shining
      > > > This is how the story goes
      > > >
      > > > In the Kingdom there was chaos
      > > > And the land was filled with fear
      > > > There was hatred, there was envy
      > > > In between the rich and poor
      > > >
      > > > Oh, the water's rising
      > > > How will we get to the other shore
      > > > Many hearts are broken
      > > > But we ain't got so far to go
      > > > No, we ain't got so far to go
      > > >
      > > > In a den of prosititution
      > > > To a girl both frail and weak
      > > > A child was born who had no father
      > > > So she left it on the street
      > > >
      > > > But the child was raised by strangers
      > > > Who loved and fed and taught him well
      > > > And when he saw the land in darkness
      > > > Something changed inside himself
      > > >
      > > > Oh, the water's rising
      > > > How will we get to the other shore
      > > > Many hearts are broken
      > > > But we ain't got so far to go
      > > > No, we ain't got so far to go
      > > >
      > > > Then it came, the revolution
      > > > And the child was filled with fire
      > > > And he led us on to victory
      > > > And he seemed so strong and wise
      > > >
      > > > But the big fish eat the small ones
      > > > It's the way of history
      > > > And although I once came for vengeance
      > > > I return in mystery, I return in mystery
      > > >
      > > > I miss you more than ever
      > > > This is not where I belong
      > > > When I see my baby dancing
      > > > I will know my work is done
      > > >
      > > > When you hear that guitar playing
      > > > You won't have so far to go
      > > > No, you won't have so far to go
      > > > Because we ain't got so far to go
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Kim Manko
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 5, 2004
        I'm STILL not skerrred :P

        CG
        > > > Damn, did the song scare everyone away!?!?
        > > >
        > > > Caric
        > > >
        > > > --- In ctk_users@yahoogroups.com, "ctrkgrendel"
        > <ctrkgrendel@y...>

        > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        > > >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • KISSRAWKS
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 9, 2004
          anything going on this weekend? i'm coming in town
          tonite through Mon. night.

          WiCkEd LeStEr!

        • CaricTIO
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 9, 2004
            It's going to be 19 degrees, I see a freaking warm house in my
            future! <G>

            Caric

            --- In ctk_users@yahoogroups.com, KISSRAWKS <kissrawks@y...> wrote:
            > anything going on this weekend? i'm coming in town
            > tonite through Mon. night.
            >
            > WiCkEd LeStEr!

          • Raymond Davis
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 9, 2004
              LOL@19 Degrees

              It's going to be 19 degrees, I see a freaking warm house in my
              future! <G>

              Caric

              --- In ctk_users@yahoogroups.com, KISSRAWKS <kissrawks@y...> wrote:
              > anything going on this weekend? i'm coming in town
              > tonite through Mon. night.
              >
              > WiCkEd LeStEr!

              To visit your group on the web, go to:

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • Tawny Bratt
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 9, 2004
                Hey, have any of you seen the commercials... the
                bowling alley's bar is now trying to look like the
                buckeye hall of fame cafe? The first time I saw it...
                I thought it looked sorta kewl... then when they said
                Cols. Sq. Bowling Palace... I was like.. ummmm ok?!?!?

                -Raven

                --- Raymond Davis <rdavis12@...> wrote:
                > LOL@19 Degrees

              • Eponine30222
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 9, 2004
                  Hey Babe!!!! How's the fam?

                  -DB

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 11, 2004
                    yo! i'm finally moving back w/ the fam......probably
                    by the end of the month!

                    paul

                    --- Eponine30222 <eponine30222@...> wrote:
                    > Hey Babe!!!! How's the fam?
                    >
                    > -DB

                  • KISSRAWKS
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 11, 2004
                      Well, it's almost official, I'm moving back to town by
                      the end of the month. I'll know for sure tomorrow. I
                      bought a money pit house in Indiana that has drug me
                      down to the lowest level I've ever been in my life and
                      my family is helping me out.

                      But I still have one detail that I need to take care
                      of.... I need to stash my 3 cats somewhere until I can
                      close on a house, probably anywhere from 2-6 weeks
                      from the time we actually move here. We would care
                      for them, feed them, because we would be here in town,
                      but we just need a space for them. If anyone has any
                      room, or any ideas, besides the $8-15/day/cat
                      boarding, please let me know!

                      Thanks!

                      WICKED LESTER
                      (paul)

                    • Eponine30222

                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 11, 2004
                          i'm pimpin out animals for a living now! i gotta take
                          care of the family somehow!

                          peace

                          wicked

                          > WL is passing out pussy. I'm surprised the guys
                          > aren't just jumpin on that
                          > one. :)

                        • Jennie Henson
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 11, 2004
                            Glad to hear you're heading back! And I would say yes on the cats, but I
                            honestly don't think my three would get along with your three :) Not to
                            mention mine makes small dogs look like cats! (Siameses blue points - and
                            my largest cat weighs about 17lbs and he's not fat, he's just a really big
                            kitty)

                            jen

                            Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get
                            used to the idea.

                            Well, it's almost official, I'm moving back to town by
                            the end of the month. I'll know for sure tomorrow. I
                            bought a money pit house in Indiana that has drug me
                            down to the lowest level I've ever been in my life and
                            my family is helping me out.

                            But I still have one detail that I need to take care
                            of.... I need to stash my 3 cats somewhere until I can
                            close on a house, probably anywhere from 2-6 weeks
                            from the time we actually move here. We would care
                            for them, feed them, because we would be here in town,
                            but we just need a space for them. If anyone has any
                            room, or any ideas, besides the $8-15/day/cat
                            boarding, please let me know!

                            Thanks!

                            WICKED LESTER
                            (paul)

                            Find high-speed �net deals � comparison-shop your local providers here.
                            https://broadband.msn.com
                          • Kim Manko
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 11, 2004
                              Hmm...but YOU are??

                              Anything ya wanna tell us girl? :D

                              Message 14 of 19 , Jan 13, 2004
                                I just had to comment.

                                Shheeesh . and you wonder how rumors get started.

                                (sing with me!!! they're started by the jealous people who ..)
[...]

                                  Do you Yahoo!?
                                • Eponine30222
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jan 16, 2004
                                    What?

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jan 17, 2004
                                      drugs are bad.....mmmmm-kaaaayy

                                      > hello! everyone!!! just wanna thank to send me to
                                      > e-mail

                                    • Martian
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jan 18, 2004
                                        HAHAHA! Kangaroos have seen better days!