Possible Virus

  • cnickell
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2003
      This just came to my attention... You know me I hate mass emails but sure enough I had this fuckin virus. Now, to its validity as a
      serious virus. I dont know. I read that it is active after 14 days of sitting on your computer, but I checked the properties on the file and
      it was created in december and i have had NO.... ZERO... NONE... no problems.    but just incase its would be nice to get
      rid of it.

      Here's how:

      1. Go to START, then FIND or SEARCH

      2. In files/folders, write the name jdbgmgr.exe

      3. Be sure to search in your "C" drive

      4. Click find or search

      5. The virus has a teddy bear logo with the name jdbgmgr.exe - DO NOT OPEN

      6. RIGHT click and DELETE

      7. Go to your recycle bin and delete it there also.

      IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK
    • Raymond Davis
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10, 2003
        It is a hoax...I will send you a link from Mcafee for you to read.  It is called the "Teddy Bear Virus".  (G)  We had a few end-users that thought they should just go deleting files off of their bank owned PC's when a strange e-mail tells them to.  If you followed its instructions, "you" were in essence the virus.  If you delete the file, it has no ill effect on your PC as the file is a java debugger.  Well, unless you are a java programmer and need the debugging tool.  (EG)