Picture This...

  • Matthew Link
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2000
      Shammy here...

      This must be a little amusing...

      I work in a photo lab... "we" and "us" refers to the personnel in the lab I
      work in.

      Saturday morning, a customer came into our lab with a roll of 35mm film
      requesting that it be developed and printed. He notified to us that the
      roll was only half-used, and we assured him that we would only charge him
      for the prints that come out. (This is not an unusual occurence at all --
      half-used rolls of film are submitted all the time)
      An hour or so later, he returned to pick up his film and prints, and we
      had the charge printed on the film bag, which was clearly reflective of a
      half roll of exposures on his film, less than the price of a usual set of 24
      prints.
      He was irritated, because we had developed the WHOLE ROLL of film! He
      wanted us to develop just the parts of the film upon which he had taken
      photos (sir, get a clue, we cannot tell this by looking at undeveloped film)
      and somehow leave him the rest of the film so he could take photos on it
      later! Once again, sir, we not only cannot tell by looking at undeveloped
      film where the exposures are, but once we look at it, even though we gain no
      information whatsoever, we have EXPOSED the film!
      I would think that anyone with at least one brain cell could understand
      that photographic film is light sensitive. That is sort of the nature of
      it. If it were not light sensitive, it could not be used as photographic
      film. You know the rest.

      -Sham