10330PulpFest Programming

  • Mike Chomko
    Feb 15, 2014
      PulpFest is known for its great programming and the line-up that we’re planning for our 2014 convention is shaping up to be one of our best. As mentioned previously, we’ll be celebrating science fiction’s golden year of 1939 and seventy-five years of fantastic fiction, as well as eighty years of the shudder pulps, zeroing in on the weird-menace magazines of 1934.

      As always, we’ll have a wide variety of panels and presentations, including a discussion of FAMOUS FANTASTIC MYSTERIES featuring BLOOD 'N' THUNDER editor Ed Hulse and author Nathan Madison; Meteor House publisher Mike Croteau’s review of Philip José Farmer’s early science fiction stories for the pulps and digests; art historian David Saunders‘ presentation on John Newton Howitt, one of the leading cover artists for the weird-menace pulps; and preeminent pulp authority and author of THE WILD ADVENTURES OF DOC SAVAGE, Will Murray’s celebration of the diamond jubilee of The Avenger, the last of Street & Smith’s major pulp heroes to get his own magazine.

      You’ll find information on these and much, much more by visiting http://www.pulpfest.com/programming/ for a look at the preliminary schedule for PulpFest 2014.