10311PulpFest 2013 Continues!

  • Mike Chomko
    Jul 26, 2013
      There’s still time to get in on the action. The dealers’ room will be open Saturoday from 9 AM to 5 PM and from 9 AM to 2 PM on Sunday.

      At 1 PM, Ron Fortier will host a forum on "new pulp fiction." Afterward, Radio Archives’ Roger Price will be reading from Will Murray’s Doc Savage/King Kong crossover, Skull Island, while Jim Beard, a columnist for the Toledo Free Press and a freelance writer, will read from several of his works.

      Our evening programming begins at 7:30 PM. PulpFest 2013 will celebrate the 100th anniversary of Dr. Fu-Manchu, the creation of Sax Rohmer, with a panel on the devil doctor and his influence on the pulps and American popular culture. There will also be a presentation on hero pulp premiums and promotions as well as a showing of the concluding chapters of The Spider's Web, Columbia Pictures' classic movie serial based on one of the most popular hero pulp magazines of the thirties and forties.

      The presentation of the annual Munsey Award and an auction featuring the collection of pulp historian Albert Tonik and other collectible material will also take place during the evening hours. You can learn more about all of our great presentations by visiting the Programming page of our website.

      Don't let PulpFest 2013 slip by. Come to Columbus and join up! Admission to the show is $15 on Saturday and $5 on Sunday, allowing entry to all convention activities. Children under 15 accompanied by a parent are free. The general public is welcome to attend.