program idea: DITA and Eclipse Infocenters

  • seth
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 8, 2007
      I would like to learn how to create a custom Eclipse Infocenter on a
      server to host a comprehensive help site for my writers.

      My goal is to have the language spec, in-house writing/element
      guidelines, best practices, internal process information, etc. all in
      one, central infocenter.

      Is anyone else interested in this topic? Is it relevant enough to use
      our monthly meeting to cover?

      -seth
    • sallyderrick
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 9, 2007
        Yes, I would be interested in this topic also.

        Sally

        --- In ctdug@yahoogroups.com, "seth" <scorpium@...> wrote:

        > I would like to learn how to create a custom Eclipse Infocenter on a
        > server to host a comprehensive help site for my writers.
        >
        > My goal is to have the language spec, in-house writing/element
        > guidelines, best practices, internal process information, etc. all in
        > one, central infocenter.
        >
        > Is anyone else interested in this topic? Is it relevant enough to use
        > our monthly meeting to cover?
        >

        > -seth

      • Bob Beims
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 20, 2007
          Anyone have good contacts in this area so we could start planning
          towards a CTDUG meeting covering this topic?

          Bob

          PS ... perhaps this idea should be cross-posted on the dita-users group?
        • Park Seth-R01164
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 20, 2007
            David Cramer Offered to show this.

            Maybe it would be a good time to dazzle ctdug with elluminary by having
            Bob Doyle comment virtually?

            -rgds,
            Seth

            Anyone have good contacts in this area so we could start planning
            towards a CTDUG meeting covering this topic?

            Bob

            PS ... perhaps this idea should be cross-posted on the dita-users group?

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • paul arellanes
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 20, 2007
              Hello Bob,

              If you need a demo, at IBM we deliver our DITA-based content in Eclipse Help System information centers.  I could offer to do a demo.

              paul

              Bob Beims <bob.beims@...> wrote:
              Anyone have good contacts in this area so we could start planning
              towards a CTDUG meeting covering this topic?

              Bob

              PS ... perhaps this idea should be cross-posted on the dita-users group?

              Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

            • Beims Bob-RWBC70
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 20, 2007
                Paul

                Sounds very cool. I need to post an update to the list regarding our schedule for meetings through the remainder of 2007. When I get that out, just let me know which session works the best for your schedule.

                Regards,
                Bob