Summer/Fall intern candidate - documentation engineer

  • ptaarellanes
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3 3:04 PM
      Greetings,

      Do you know if your team or your organization has any positions for
      2007 interns/coops? I have an excellent candidate for a Documentation
      Engineer, Information Development, Visual Design, Graphics Designer
      internship/co-op position.

      Christopher Fohlin is on an IBM intern Speed Team that worked for me
      in Summer and Fall 2006. I would love to extend an offer to him to
      return to my team in 2007, but my department does not have funding for
      interns for Summer/Fall 2007.

      He did an excellent job leading the project, and successfully faced
      each challenge that I threw at the team. The Speed Team project
      focused on creating a DITA-based Advisor for active information for
      one of the IBM product support Web sites. The methodology was
      presented at the Content Management Strategies/DITA 2007 Conference.

      Here is a brief description of his work and his resume.

      Christopher Fohlin:
      Chris is majoring in media communications at Clarkson University, and
      his speciality is in visual design and user interface design. He has
      excellent skills in XML, javascript, PHP, CSS, SQL, RSS, blogs, and
      Wikis. During the Speed Team project he also picked up DITA-XML,
      ArborText Epic Editor, and source control environment skills. He did
      some technical writing for the project, but most of his work was
      concentrated on improving the user interface and visual design of our
      information center. He also took the leadership position for the
      intern team, and was successful in driving the team to complete the
      project on time and per the requirements.

      Possible intern positions: documentation engineer, graphic designer,
      visual designer, human factors/HCI, information developer

      If you think your organization could use Chris, let me know and I can
      forward his resume on to you. I can not figure out how to add an
      attachment on this message posting.

      thank you,
      paul

      "We must become the change we wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

      Paul T Arellanes
      IBM Corporation
      Austin, Texas
      IBM Systems and Technology Group
      User Technologies
    • Lisa Dyer
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4 12:30 PM
        Hi Paul,

        I would definitely like to connect with Christopher to discuss a
        possible slot on my team. Would you pls forward me his resume? Thanks!

        Cheers,

        - lisa

        --- In ctdug@yahoogroups.com, "ptaarellanes" <ptaarellanes@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > Do you know if your team or your organization has any positions for
        > 2007 interns/coops? I have an excellent candidate for a Documentation
        > Engineer, Information Development, Visual Design, Graphics Designer
        > internship/co-op position.
        >
        > Christopher Fohlin is on an IBM intern Speed Team that worked for me
        > in Summer and Fall 2006. I would love to extend an offer to him to
        > return to my team in 2007, but my department does not have funding for
        > interns for Summer/Fall 2007.
        >
        > He did an excellent job leading the project, and successfully faced
        > each challenge that I threw at the team. The Speed Team project
        > focused on creating a DITA-based Advisor for active information for
        > one of the IBM product support Web sites. The methodology was
        > presented at the Content Management Strategies/DITA 2007 Conference.
        >
        > Here is a brief description of his work and his resume.
        >
        > Christopher Fohlin:
        > Chris is majoring in media communications at Clarkson University, and
        > his speciality is in visual design and user interface design. He has
        > excellent skills in XML, javascript, PHP, CSS, SQL, RSS, blogs, and
        > Wikis. During the Speed Team project he also picked up DITA-XML,
        > ArborText Epic Editor, and source control environment skills. He did
        > some technical writing for the project, but most of his work was
        > concentrated on improving the user interface and visual design of our
        > information center. He also took the leadership position for the
        > intern team, and was successful in driving the team to complete the
        > project on time and per the requirements.
        >
        > Possible intern positions: documentation engineer, graphic designer,
        > visual designer, human factors/HCI, information developer
        >
        > If you think your organization could use Chris, let me know and I can
        > forward his resume on to you. I can not figure out how to add an
        > attachment on this message posting.
        >
        > thank you,
        > paul
        >
        > "We must become the change we wish to see in the world." - Mahatma
        Gandhi

        > Paul T Arellanes
        > IBM Corporation
        > Austin, Texas
        > IBM Systems and Technology Group
        > User Technologies

      • paul arellanes
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4 1:49 PM
          Hello Lisa,

          Awesome.  Thank you for the interest.  You won't be disappointed in him.  Here is his contact information.

          CHRISTOPHER D. FOHLIN
          Clarkson University Box 6752 ∙ Potsdam, NY 13699 ∙ fohlincd@...
          70 Woodlawn Drive ∙ Williamstown MA 01267 ∙ Cell: (413) 441-9258 ∙ http://chrisfohlin.net

          I also included his resume as well.  His Web site contains his portfolio of work, and his resume as well.

          If you have any questions about him, feel free to ask me.

          thanks,
          paul

          Get your own web address.