Reminder: Central Texas DITA Users Group meeting, Nov 15

  • Don Day
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2006
      Come join the Central Texas DITA Users Group (CTDUG) at their regular
      monthy meeting this coming Wednesday evening, November 15, 2006.

      This month's meeting will be a panel-based workshop addressing the question
      of "how to prepare your department/company for a switch to a topic-writing
      paradigm?"

      A panel of local writing department representatives will discuss the
      following questions from the viewpoint of each company:

      1. Specific issues their groups have faced in making the mental transition
      to topic-oriented writing
      2. The steps taken or planned to resolve that education/training gap

      In the follow-on discussion, audience members and the panel will work up a
      set of general recommendations for all to benefit from, such as procedural
      suggestions for other teams, or a list of suggested resources. We'll make
      this report available as a contribution to the DUG section of the DITA
      Focus Area (http://dita.xml.org).

      Come join us as we break new ground in helping our teams get a handle on
      DITA concepts!

      Meeting Details
      What: Central Texas DITA Users (CTDUG) Group meeting
      When: Wednesday November 15, 2006 7:00 - 9:00 pm Central
      Where: Freescale Parmer facility (North Austin), C building (directions
      below)

      Agenda:
      7:00-7:30 General announcements and networking
      7:30-8:30 Program
      8:30-9:00 Q&A

      Directions:
      According to Bob Beims ("Beims Bob-RWBC70" <bob.beims@...> ):

      We have a room set up for 28 people in C building, which has security
      guards on duty until 9:00.
      * Google Maps link to the campus: http://tinyurl.com/ymts97
      * Jpeg satellite photo of the campus: http://tinyurl.com/yeecnx

      The photo has a marker showing the Building C entrance at the north side of
      the campus. If you turn off of Parmer at the main entrance, you'll need to
      skirt around the west side of the buildings to get to the C entrance. If
      you head east/southeast on Anderson Mill from Parmer, you'll find the "back
      entrance" that feeds directly to the Building C entrance.

      Regards,
      --
      Don Day
      Program director, Central Texas DITA User Group

      --T.S. Eliot