Techical Writer in Austin, TX

  • Zafar Choudhury
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2013
      [MSG from CDTUG moderator: I had not noticed this queued message until today. Note that the information may be stale by now, and let Zafar know about that glitch if you choose to reply. -- Don]

      Please read the specifics of the position very carefully before replying! Please DO NOT reply to this email. Send your response to my work email. If you qualify for the role, email zchoudhury@...

      Thanks,
      Zafar

      Job Title: Technical Writer
      Interviews Begin: ASAP!
      Number of Positions: 1
      Location: Austin, TX

      Qualifications and Education Requirements

      • Experienced with a variety of research techniques to discover changes to product (interviewing SMEs, testing software, reading design documents, interpreting business rule lists, etc.).
      • Can multitask (juggle documentation assignments from several simultaneous projects).
      • Developed content for user guides, online help, quick reference guides, and training materials.
      • Developed content compliant with published and/or proprietary style guides.
      • Developed content that was edited by others. Provided peer edits.
      • Demonstrated professional work ethic.
      • Performed project management tasks to track metrics, make projections, identify risks, and recommend risk mitigation strategies to management.
      • Demonstrated an analytical ability to learn new products and authoring tools, create checklists to ensure tasks are completed as required, and make process improvement recommendations.
      • Travel = 20%.
      • Required: Bachelor's degree from a fully accredited college or university.

      Tool Requirements

      • FrameMaker 10 and RoboHelp 9.
      • Graphics software, Microsoft Office (including Visio), Adobe Acrobat Professional.
      Helpful Experience
      • Documenting software in a fast-paced environment.
      • Working for a consulting organization.
      • Developing content for a government entity.
      The interview process includes a 60 minute interview and a 30 minute editing assessment.