Seeking DITA XML Tech Writers in Austin, TX

  • Zafar Choudhury
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2012
      Greetings! If you or anyone that you know would be a good fit for these positions below please email me at zchoudhury@... - Besides these positions, I also have remote/work-from-home opportunities and instructional design opportunities here in Texas and on the East Coast. Email me today for additional details.

      Thank you,
      Zafar Choudhury
      Technical and Professional Recruiter

      -----

      Position: Technical Writer (3 positions)
      Location: Austin, Texas
      Fortune 50 Company

      SKILLS REQUIRED:
      • Bachelor's with 4+ year's experience, Master's with 3+ years' experience as a technical writer.
      • Strong background in and knowledge of DITA XML.
      • Experience writing structured documentation.
      • Experience using oXygen, XMetal, Quark, XMLMind or another XML editor a plus.
      • Ability to work with scripting languages – such as Python, Perl or FrameScript – for automating content conversion a plus
      • Excellent writing, editing and organizational skills.
      • Experience with Adobe FrameMaker, Word, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Adobe Illustrator.
      • Experience with Spirit XML a plus
      • Good understanding of engineering terminology used within the semiconductor industry.
      • Good understanding of x86-based computer systems and components.
      • Proven interpersonal skills, leadership and teamwork required.
      • Demonstrates ability to work with minimal supervision.
      • Experience writing for semiconductor industry preferred
      • Passionate about learning and writing for new products and technologies

      DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
      • Assist in the conversion of FrameMaker source content to DITA XML
      • Process content through the conversion tool chain.
      • Ensure content is clean and accurate
      • Ensure content meets the requirements of the DITA schema and is valid DITA
      • Structure content in accordance with DITA best practices
      • Edit content as needed in accordance with engineering guidelines and company standards
      • Confer with technical personnel to ensure content accuracy and to resolve questions or contradictions
      • Write and edit documentation with consistent format and style
      • Usher documents through legal and technical review cycles
      • Publish final document versions in accordance with the corporate process
      • Deliver documents on schedules determined by the document owners and program management

      SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS:
      Project to migrate technical content to a DITA XML-based content management system needs a technical writer to convert FrameMaker source content to DITA XML. Tasks include:
      • ensuring content is clean and accurate
      • ensuring content meets the requirements of the DITA schema structuring content in accordance with DITA best practices

      Thanks,
      Zafar Choudhury
      Technical and Professional Recruiter

      Volt Technical Resources
      12007 Research Blvd. Suite 103 Austin, Texas 78759
      zchoudhury@... / t: 512-592-3357 / f: 512-219-6059 / http://volt.com/jobs

      Recognized by the Austin Business Journal as the #1 High-Tech recruiting firm in Austin and one of the best in the nation!
    • Writer
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2012
        Do you have to be a US citizen?

        Nadine

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2012
          Nadine, you can be on EAD, GC or citizenship status to apply. No H1B.

          Please email me at my work email address moving forward:

          zchoudhury@...

          Thanks,
          Zafar