[ANN] CTDUG Meeting 4/19/06

  • Shepperd, Wendy
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2006

      The next Central Texas DITA Users Group meeting is April 19th!

      Don Day (IBM), Paul Arellanes (IBM), and Bob Beims (Freescale) will share their experiences from the recent CM Strategies (http://www.cm-strategies.com ) and DITA 2006 (http://www.travelthepath.com/conf/ ) conferences.

      Also, we need to agree on a topic for Jennifer Linton (Comtech) to present at the May meeting. During the CTDUG business slot, I will discuss the suggestions we have received, and then we will decide.

      Meeting Details
      What: Central Texas DITA Users (CTDUG) Group meeting
      When:
      Wednesday April 19, 2006 7:00 - 9:00 pm CST
      Where: BMC Software - Executive Briefing Center

      10431 Morado Circle
      Austin, Texas 78759

      Agenda
      7:00-7:30 CTDUG Business
      7:30-8:30 Speakers - Don Day, Paul Arellanes, and Bob Beims
      8:30-9:00 Q&A
      Note: Food will not be provided for this meeting, but you are welcome to bring your own.

      Directions:
      &&&&&&http://maps.google.com/maps?q=10431+Morado+Cir+Austin,+TX+78759-5637&spn=0.014839,0.031760
      &iwloc=A&hl=en
      From MoPac or IH-35 Take 183 North. Take the Braker Lane exit. At the light take a left on to Braker Lane . Continue through the light at Braker and Jollyville Road ( Braker Lane turns into Morado Circle ). BMC Software is located at the corner of Braker and Jollyville Road . Take the 3rd driveway and park in front of Building V and check in with the Security Guard.

      CTDUG
      The Central Texas DITA Users Group (CTDUG) exists to share and advance knowledge and adoption of DITA in the central Texas region. DITA stands for Darwin Information Typing Architecture. DITA is an XML-based, end-to-end architecture for authoring, producing, and delivering technical information.

      CTDUG meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month.

      Wendy Shepperd
      BMC Software
      Information Development, Manager
      office 512-340-6549