Fwd: SF Bay Arbortext PTC/User LiveMeeting Notice (September 2009)

  • Liz Fraley
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11 6:50 AM
      I thought that this might be of interest as it's DITA focused and there's been a lot of interest online, on many of the DITA mailing lists, and elsewhere about integrating DITA and Wiki.

      Date: Saturday, 26 September 2009, 9:00-10:30 AM Pacific/US
      Location:  Online via GoToMeeting. You must Register to receive the GoToMeeting invite.
      Cost: Free and open to all who wish to attend.
      Registration: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/168595330

      Topic

      The IBM DITA Wiki is an internal application created originally to demonstrate the feasibility of using native DITA in a collaborative authoring tool. It is positioned today as a key means for capturing the writings of Subject Matter Experts within the company in the reusable, easily repurposed DITA format.

      The wiki is now a hosted service within IBM that enables contributors whose jobs are NOT technical writing to move their content development into the DITA standard. The collaboration aspect in particular has appealed to programming and education teams, and we are exploring the wiki's suitability for other domains as well, such as engineering and support professionals.

      This presentation will provide some background on DITA and this project's history before delving into some of the experiences and successes of various user communities to date.

      About the Speaker

      Don Day is an advisory software engineer for IBM. For the past 15 years, he has designed and supported publishing tools for IBM's Information Development community. Don provides XML expertise for Information Design and Development in IBM's e-business Operating Systems Solutions area and for IBM Corporate User Technology. He has represented IBM on the W3C XSL Working Group and is presently IBM's alternate rep for the W3C CSS Working Group. Don holds a dual-major Bachelor of Arts degree in English and Journalism and a Master of Arts degree in Technical and Professional Communication (with a minor in Computer Science) from New Mexico State University.

      http://www.ibm.com

      Note

      This meeting will be held online. You must RSVP to receive the LiveMeeting invite: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/168595330. After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.

      Acknowledgements

      This meeting is brought to you by the SF Bay Arbortext PTC/User Group

      We want to thank Wolters Kluwer for supporting our organization and community-focused programs.

      We want to thank Single-Sourcing Solutions for coordinating our meeting logistics, administration, and for providing access to their GoToMeeting resources and conference bridge facilities.