New file uploaded to ctdug

  • ctdug@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 2, 2008
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ctdug
      group.

      File : /2007-12-December/AssempblingAnInfoCenter-CTDUG.ppt
      Uploaded by : nodyad <dond@...>
      Description : Eric Sirois PPT presentation on DITA and Eclipse, CTDUG December 2007

      You can access this file at the URL:

      Regards,

      nodyad <dond@...>
    • Bob Beims
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 3, 2008
        Don;

        I have the recording of Eric's session in WMV format, but hadn't
        thought of uploading it to the CTDUG site. I just tried and was told
        the file size limit is 5 MB per file. The WMV is 12.4 MB.

        Any ideas as to where we might post the file for playback?

        Bob
      • paul arellanes

          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 3, 2008
            Paul;

            Good idea,but the last time I tried uploading a large-frame (1024x768) video to the "consumer" sites, it got re-encoded to shrink the screen size ... to the point that the result was unusable.

            Regards,

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 23, 2008
              Hello,

              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ctdug
              group.

              File : /What does DITA have to do with Wiki.ppt
              Uploaded by : amgentle <annegentle@...>
              Description : Powerpoint slide deck from the January 2008 meeting, "What Does DITA Have To Do With Wiki?"

              amgentle <annegentle@...>
            • ctdug@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 17, 2014
                Hello,

                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ctdug
                group.

                File : /2014-04-16/DitaThruTheAges.pptx
                Uploaded by : wbrisett <wbrisett@...>
                Description : Robert Anderson's PowerPoint of DITA through the Ages from 2014-04-16 CTDUG meeting

                You can access this file at the URL:

                Regards,

                wbrisett <wbrisett@...>
              • Wayne Brissette

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 17, 2014
                    I have found a way to reduce the file size dramatically without reducing the presentation quality. However, it’s still about 80 MB in size. Hosting options? I can easily post it to something like senduit, which allows for 100MB uploads and downloads. However, I don’t know how others feel about that.

                    Ideas?

                    Wayne
                  • Bob Beims
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 17, 2014
                      Wayne,

                      I believe Vimeo allows up to 500 MB files. If you don't have a Vimeo account, perhaps Robert does (and it would be better for his personal branding to have it in his account).

                      Once uploaded there, the link to the playback can be posted here.

                      Bob

                      Sent from my iPad

                      Message 10 of 13 , May 21, 2014
                        Hello,

                        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ctdug
                        group.

                        File : /2014-May-21/manPages.odp
                        Uploaded by : ausgee <ausgee@...>
                        Description : LibreOffice format