Introduction Letter from the 2007-2008 Central Region Venturing President

  • crventuring_prez
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2007
      Hi, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Amanda Vogt, and I
      was recently sworn in as the 2007-2008 Central Region Venturing
      President.

      I am a freshman at Lindenwood University in St. Charles, MO, as the
      recipient of Lindenwood University's Boy Scout of the Year 4-year
      full ride Scholarship. I am planning on majoring in Music
      Performance, Music Business, and Accounting.

      In high school I was involved in many scholastic activities including
      National Honor Society, Tri-M Music Honor Society, Renaissance,
      Junior Achievement, Show Choir, Chamber Choir, Symphonic Orchestra,
      and Theatre.

      Through my many adventures with Venturing I have earned the Religious
      Life and Outdoor Bronze Awards, the Gold Award, the Silver Award, and
      the Council level Venturing Leadership Award through the Greater St.
      Louis Area Council. I am the Vice President of Administration for
      Venturing Crew 2783, and Assistant Scoutmaster for Troop 783. I am
      also a 13-year Girl Scout and a recipient of the Girl Scout Gold
      Award.

      This year I will be focusing on many small goals. These goals can all
      be summarized in these 5 main goals:

      --I will increase the level of support and development at the Area
      level of the Central Region by helping to develop an Area TLC/VOA for
      all 5 Areas in the Central Region.

      --I will increase the level of effective communication across the
      Central Region by direct and indirect communication.

      --I will help plan and implement programs designed to increase the
      number of Venturers and Venturing Crews in the Central Region.

      --I will market the Venturing Program every chance I get with the
      idea of increasing membership and awareness of the Venturing Program.

      --I will promote Venturing Advancement at all opportunities and
      increase the awareness of the Venturing Awards.

      If you need any assistance, have events you would like me to attend,
      or have any questions about Venturing, please do not hesitate to
      email me through this yahoo group, or through my email address
      (president@...).

      Yours in Scouting,
      Amanda Vogt
      Central Region