Fwd: Klondike

  • Deborah Keyes
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 16, 2006
      One of our new Venturing advisors asked the following:
      Are there any Klondike-type events the girls could attend?
      A lot of our male Venturers are also Boy Scouts.
      We're looking for something in the Northern Illinois,
      Southern Wisconsin areas.

      thanks
      - Debbie Keyes
    • bookman8@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 17, 2006
        Debbie,
         We offer an Okpik (cold weather camping) course in the Northeast Illinois Council.  We have trained many girl venturers and would be happy to have your crew members join us.  We have three Sunday afternoon training sessions in Lake Bluff on November 5th and 12th and on December 3rd.  We have a training campout the first weekend of January.  This is our 8th year.  If you need more info and an application form go to neic.org.
        or contact me.  We are still taking applicants for this year, our cut off is later than shown on the site.  We may also have a group going up to the Northern Tier  over Christmas break.

        YIS,
        Tim Sroka
        Crew Committee Chair
        Crew 279 / Troop 79
        Long Grove, IL
         (847) 814-5727

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 17, 2006
          Just a reminder

          Any time of year, is a great time of year to remind the youth you serve to start work on their faith's religious emblem so they can earn the Venturing Trust Award!

          Gordon P. Stiefel
          National Vice Chair for Activities, Emblems, & Membership
          National Catholic Committee on Scouting

          bookman8@... wrote:
[...]

          Phone: 708 246 5151
          Fax:    708 246 9144

          Together, we can achieve great things to create opportunities for kids to learn and grow in Scouting as Youth Ministry!!