Re: Passing of Sam Stocker

  • kevinpmajka
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2005
      I just found about this on this listserve about 2 months after the fact.

      Sam was a great scout and a fantastic Venturer, a leader in 3 major
      scouting programs.

      Sam earned the Venturing Silver, Ranger, and Sea Scout Quartermaster
      Awards and received the Council, Regional (I believe), and National
      Leadership Award.

      As an Order of the Arrow member, he was a Vigil honor member, Lodge
      Chief, Section C-2A Chief, served as the Central Region Webmaster,
      youth leader for the first spring break Philbreak service week, a
      Founder's Award recipient from his lodge, and received the Order of
      the Arrow Distinguished Service Award in 2004.

      What sad news. He was a great Scout and also very proud of his faith
      earning several religious awards under the Jewish faith.

      Kevin Majka