Area 2 Venturing Advisor Jeff Geralds Receives Silver Antelope Award

  • Keith Gehlhausen
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2013
      Our very own Jeff Geralds has been selected to receive the Central Region's Silver Antelope Award at the National BSA Meeting in May. The Silver Antelope Award is the highest honor a Region can bestow upon an adult volunteer. Please help us congratulate Jeff in receiving this honor.

      Jeff has served as the Area 2 Venturing Advisor since 2006. In this role, he has logged countless miles on his car traveling to every council in Area 2 (Michigan and previously Indiana), spent hundreds of hours on the phone, and even more in front of a computer in his attempts to grow Venturing. He has helped start several new council Venturing Officer Associations (VOA), provided support to ensure others kept going, played a significant role in growing his area's Sea Scout program, visited and supported numerous Powder Horn courses, and has always been an outstanding servant leader and mentor to Area Venturing Youth Presidents and VP's.

      To read more about this outstanding Venturing volunteer in our region, please see the article at: http://crventuring.org/Home/Fulltext/s=1&id=310

      YIV,
      Keith Gehlhausen
      Central Region Venturing Advisor