Philmont Second Season Adventures

  • Kim Ford
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2012
      Hi all! I'm an associate advisor out of the Central Region. I'm currently
      working at Philmont Scout Ranch as the Autumn Adventure Coordinator. I was
      also here fall and winter 2011-12. Both programs are fantastic
      opportunities to get a group to Philmont without a waiting list during some
      of the most beautiful times of the year!

      These are also the only times that all-adult groups can attend Philmont as
      a crew. This can be a great way to get friends who have aged past coming to
      Philmont in the summer as a group out to one of the high adventure bases.
      It even counts toward your Triple Crown. In the fall, you even get to plan
      your itinerary with the help of your guide!

      You can apply as little as 2 weeks in advance, so it's not too late to sign
      up for a trek in mid-October. We will have 9 very experienced Philmont
      staff members throughout October hoping for more crews to show the beauty
      of Philmont in autumn colors.

      Finally, these are some of the least expensive ways to attend Philmont.
      Autumn is $45/person/day and Winter is only $100/person/weekend. This
      covers food, gear, housing (tents in autumn, dorms in winter), and your
      guide!

      For more information, feel free to contact me or check out Philmont's pages:
      http://www.philmontscoutranch.org/Camping/SecondSeasonPrograms.aspx