Proposed Changes to Venturing
- Hello Venturers and Advisors �
The BSA published an announcement yesterday that it is in the process of reviewing all of its programs, including Venturing, as called for by the BSA National Strategic Plan. One proposed change is the replacement of the Venturing Oath, Code, Salute, and Sign with the Boy Scout Oath, Law, Salute, and Sign. Also, a National Venturing Review Task Force has been formed to review the entire Venturing program (awards, program, membership, marketing, support, training, etc.).
Venturers and Advisors are encouraged by provide comments and suggestions to the task force by sending a message to 411@.... Do you like the Venturing awards program or do you want to see changes? Then say so! Don�t like the uniform? Let them know! Have other ideas? This is your chance! Please be constructive and respectful. You might consider framing your input to the task force by answering the following questions:
1. What is the essence of Venturing?
2. What presently works well in Venturing that helps us serve youth?
3. What could be made better in Venturing to serve youth more effectively?
4. If you could keep one thing in Venturing--something you value above all else--what would it be?
5. If you could remove one aspect of Venturing--what would it be?
To ensure your comments make their way to the task force, please include Venturing in the subject line.
For more details, please visit: http://www.crventuring.org/Home/Fulltext/s=1&id=303
Yours in Venturing,
Central Region Venturing President